Insurance, any advise

10 Posts | Latest reply on 02/05/2009 09:00:37 by Retrowheely | Go to original / last post
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

In: Swindon
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hello people's, Yes the boring issue of insurance, if you like me do all this online? then a word of warning "check its really done" !!!!!! I went to tax the xjr to find that i have no insurance, eeeek, so why have i been paying Direct Choice in newmarket for the last 3 months then? If anyone on here has a good knowlegde of my wright's to cancel with them and not pay any cancellation charges then, fire away. I have started a new policy with someone else which is fully in order and will only cost me my deposit if i cancel this one, but why should i when its not their fault i would have to cancel it???  Any advise will be greatfully received, cheers 2wheely
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Mm seems to me this a bit of a legal minefield and best advice I could give you is to ask a solicitor. Phone them and ask if they give advice over the phone, which won't cost ya, or if they do an initial interview free of charge, lots do. Good luck!                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Thanks alot Kwak, i was thinking the same "minefield", cheers 2wheely                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W (you're welcome)   I hope you get it sorted                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Or go to your insurance's offices, grab some clerk and punch him in the face repeatedly until he agrees to cover you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I think he wants to try and get a refund of his money not a charge of GBH!                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I'm having hours of fun with Swinton Bikes who with the insurer seem to have serious hearing and literacy problems not to mention difficulty in organising the proverbial booze-up in a brewery. However, I am insured after a fashion and have been able to tax my bikes.

My first suggestion, 2wf is that you try to contact Direct Choice to get an explanation. It may be that they have failed to post your details on the insurance database. As far as legal advice is concerned, if you're a member of the BMF, you should contact the Biker Legal Line where you will be put in touch with the solicitors nearest to you with a free first consultation and a discount should they act for you.

If all this fails, then punch out the clerk but don't forget to disguise yourself and to wear gloves so you don't leave any DNA.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

I agree with all the above, and if you're in the AA or RAC there's usually a legal helpline. A lot of employers and trades unions offer legal advice lines as a perk as well, might be worth checking it out.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Naaah .. ignore all that.  Just go in and thump 'em!   (Caveat; I hold no liability for anyone's actions for following any daft suggestion I may put forward, suggest or insinuate.)                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Thank-you all, think the punching bit is last resort but still is very appealing!!!!   Just highlights the old "trust no-one thou doesnt it". "Insurance officer, ask me broker!"                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 695 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption