DEEP QUESTION not quite the happily ever after

23 Posts | Latest reply on 01/03/2007 07:32:48 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
SEAN ZXR750H1's Profile
SEAN ZXR750H1

In: ALFRETON
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

We are mainly here because we are single,most of us are here as well after a failed relationship,quite a few have kids etc. Most on here are looking for long term relationships,ie the happily ever after thing.   What if you were to meet someone who,has a finite time on the planet,and who knew that there quality of life could and probaley would be seriously impaired by there illness,thankfully not me,but close enough for me to be asking the question.   Would you consider having a relationship with them knowing that you could end up caring for them completely,if you were that person would you not want to enter a relationship because you felt that you were making the other party suffer.   Please do not question me for any more detail  as I am really going on out on a limb here,the rule of six links between any two humans on this planet,sometimes can work in unexpected ways and this is a very personal piece of information that has been shared with me,                                                                                                                                                                                   
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

Why not............. A few moments of happiness or a lifetime of regret for not taking the chance.   If I were the healthy person, and the person I met was not so healthy... I would still be willing to go down that route.   If I were the not so healthy person I would be so happy that someone cared about me enough not to care about my infirmity.   Happiness may only be brief... but it will be an eternity in the memory.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at allThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

one day of true happyness with that special person is worth dying for, if the feeling is that strong then i think most would go for it with out thinking about it                                                                                                                                                                             
nakedangel68's Profile
nakedangel68

In: Eastbourne

"i would rather of had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her lips, one touch of her hands, than a lifetime without it"                                                                                                                                                                                 
derekhog's Profile
derekhog

In: Whitechapel

Thumbs UpSean If you have met this special person fell in love , and then found out that her time is limited in her present capacity the make the most of the time you have with her  enjoy every second , all the above are very valid .   However you asking for advice casts doubt on the strenght of your love for that person have you reserched the illness on the internet ? have you looked at the  sort of care which is availiable for careres ? are you prepared for the  effect  on your current lifestyle ?   if you answer no to any of the above you need to make some tough choices   If your answer is yes  then you have some challenges ahead but the main  link is that you have this special person in your life .   without knowing what the debillitating  condition is it is very hard to point you in the right direction and  give specific advice or care pathways if you would like my advice please drop me a pm   it is  very hard to make decsions like this at time s as the reality of caring for the one you love  is never easy   good luck best regards DerekSmile   witho                                                                                                                                                                             
SEAN ZXR750H1's Profile
SEAN ZXR750H1

In: ALFRETON

Thanks for your replies,I was almost thinking that  maybe i was the only person who thought this way.Derek this does not effect me directly,I was asked what I would do in these circumstances,I like you would make the most of the time left,a fair few have disagreed outside off the net,and there has been some debate/auguement and as i said more details are not a good idea. thereb is no real chance of showing this to either party,just wanted to make sure that the  gut feeling I had would be the same for most people  SEAN                                                                                                                                                                             
derekhog's Profile
derekhog

In: Whitechapel

Thumbs Upcool sean , the invitation for advice is still open if the person close to you wants it
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

In: Dudley

i b honest if i just met sumone and they sed they wanna get to know me but hadthis incurable illnes it wud put me off because without sounding harsh i wudent know if i wud want to take it on ,however if i found out my partner had only a short time left i wud still stay with him as i love him and thats a part of loving sumone and being with them ,ur there till the end well ur meant to b ,but even married couples have split up over things like that ,sum people are strong enuff for the both of u others are not and wil run at the ist hurdle !
crafty gwen's Profile
crafty gwen

In: Derby

Sean hun I can relate to what ur saying, as I myself am disabled and have to be taken everywhere in a wheel chair, I have had this infliction since I was born but have learnt to live with it. I was married for 24 years then got divorced but not because of my illness as at the time I wasn't as bad as I am now. A year ago I met my new partner but I told him that I wouldn't get better and would gradually get worse, didn't expect it to be so soon though, well he has stuck by me and is great person to be with, also he is only 32 and i'm 50 so I felt as though I was tying him down but he told me he wanted to be with me no matter what came about. sorry if i have rattled on as much but thought this might help in ur situation hun . Any time u need to chat just call me hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
crafty gwen's Profile
crafty gwen

Sorry just read my post lol and need to say i've only been in the wheelchair for 4 weeks now, as use to walk round well on crutches lol.xxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

I am sorry to hear that Gwen................ I didn't know. Makes no difference though... still going to torment you to death when I visit you.....Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
crafty gwen's Profile
crafty gwen

LOL Awwww hun doesnt stop me acting the fool sometimes ( oh ok Rc all the time ) won't let it get me down .     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

Far too late for the sympathy vote now.......... torment is on it's way in a fortnight............... he he he heEvil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

woohooooooo this i got to see lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

get me a saet rc please front row with popcorn and ice cream as well please, and no dont put me behind the xmas tree either !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

Note to self: Take camera, memory cards and batteries for Xmas Bash..... Oh and a note pad LOL

RC's Profile
RC

dont forget a pen to 2w's pmsl LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

See? Knew I'd forget summat, thanks for reminding me RC.

Ooooh can someone lend me a new brain plz?

RC's Profile
RC

your welcome mate, as for the brain u got not chance pal lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7190 seconds. There are 1033 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption