Race for Life

19 Posts | Latest reply on 12/03/2009 19:06:06 by Cruiser gal | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Last year I said I was going to do the Race for Life but wasn't sure if I believed what I was saying to myself as never done anything like this before and my fitness levels are the lowest they have ever been.(also my weight is at its heaviest) Until my bike accident I was at the gym about 4 times a week and haven't now done anything for about 4yrs.   Well I have decided to believe in what I said to myself and have decided I will be doing the event at Sutton Park on 12th July so if anyone would like to sponsor me I would be really grateful, it doesn't matter how much even if its 10p thats fine as I know so many people are having a hard time at the moment.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Go for it girl!!! Must admit, I should do something like that but I get shinsplints whenever I try & run!! you should set up a JustGiving site & we can sponsor you from there .... ...have you started training for it yet?? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

You should try stilts Stella .........   Ducks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

errrr Pot calling kettle!!! Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

HG thanks for the encouragement, I have started training, I am losing weight at a nice steady pace and also doing lots of walking, I wouldn't be able to run it this year but maybe next year so I am just going to walk it this time.   I am going to set up a justgiving site in the next couple of weeks and will then ask Matt if he minds if I put a link on the bm site.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I'm loosing weight as well.     I blame the kebab! I will happily sponsor you CG. £1.99 less taxes, p&p, admin, handling and the danger money refund for opening my wallet. Thats 10pence you've earned! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I will sponser you cg, so thats another 10p 4 ya                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

If you can manage all the way round without your zimmer frame I will sponsor you. Me finx I'm on to a winner here! Go gal Go xxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks for that moonstone, I might just suprise you I now have wheels on it, get your purse out. ps missed you last night.                                                                                                                                                                             
meza95's Profile
meza95

In: Widnes

right here is an incentive for you CG...at the meet on the 15th March i am gonna run an auction...the proceeds of which will go to your Run for Life if you complete the full course...if not they will go to the local air ambulance instead..should be fun this LOL   will be a listin under AUCTION  in a bit lol   Paul                                                                                                                                                                               
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks Paul I am so choked, that is so kind of you. I will certainly complete it but won't be running it as I am awaiting MRI and xray on my knee from my bike accident so some days I have to dose up on pain killers to ease it. Hope me only walking it won't change your very kind offer.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

C G Good luck with the fund raising and I hope you'll be back to full health soon Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks kwak.  I will hopefully do well with my fund raising considering I have never done anything needing sponsering before I am getting a bit cheeky in asking people, I have even got the salesman from DFS to agree to sponsor me as I said I would buy a sofa of him if he did. (I was going to buy it anyway but he didn't need to know) Turns out he is a biker to.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I did the race for life a few years ago and i ran and walked!, Just make sure you run over the finish line for any waiting cameras!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Nice tip LC will bare that in mind.                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

make sure u dont 4get 2 take yr zimmer frame cg u mite need it by the finish                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

was hoping you would be standing at the finish line with it for me drob                                                                                                                                                                             
old gixer boy's Profile
old gixer boy

In: on the streets

put me down for a fiver cg i will sort you at matlock when i see you                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks gb thanks very kind of you. I presume you mean a fiver for sponsor money and not expecting to pay me a fiver to sort me out in my tent at Matlock. lol  Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 733 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption