Flat battery on car......

10 Posts | Latest reply on 24/11/2008 08:22:19 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sorry.. i know this is technically a bike site...but untill i get mine... i havta use 4 wheels...   :o(   Anyways... I'm at my wits end!!  Bty flat.. finally found a screwdriver to take the cover off...and the battery aint like the ones im used to !?!?!   Can't even find the correct terminals.. got jump leads..but all the neighbours seem to have migrated to the shops ..    Ive tried ringin a couple of friends..no answer.......   Why is it  whenever something goes wrong for me .. nobody is about to help?!?!?!?!   ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH   I think i need a new bty..had lots of probs wiv it last winter...so am willin to go buy one...but cant event get to the shop... !!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   theres a dent in the wall now.. where im banging my head!   Looks like its the bloody bus for work int morning ... Jeeeeeeeeez   im sooooooooooooo fed up !!!   * rant over... gonna go kick something and stamp my feet  :o(  *                                                                                                                                                                               
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Does tha want me to come down and then I can at least take thee to shop to get one .                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey Kaz, have you got it sorted?                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

I think maybe she's getting it sorted...was gonna phone her but for some unknown reason the number has disapeared off my phone...this is spooky..what with bikes doing what they want too Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Why is it whenever something goes wrong for me .. nobody is about to help?!?!?!?! ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH

Because it's the LAW. One of Murphy's, probably.

The more you're around to help others, the less likely it is any beggar will come to your aid in your hour of need.

A lesson I learned long ago. I don't even try to ask for anyone's help now, just get on with it, cos I know I'm just going to be wasting time and money attempting to call round for someone's assistance.

*shrugs*

Not to mention the resultant frustration. An ex of mine used to leap on his bike and travel 60 miles to help some dippy barmaid we used to know, yet if I asked him to give me a hand with anything, I'd get "You know where the tools are". Gee thanks, darlin'.

I guess I never developed the eyelash fluttering "oh I'm such a helpless female" look.

Not that that's such a bad thing most of the time ;o)

Karey's Profile
Karey

Hi Herne...   That was reet nice of you to offer to come over.. I've only just seen your message..Thank U!   I've got it sorted now.. my daughter rang her dad and he came and gave me a jump start.. then i went off and got a battery.   I really dint wanna ask him.. but was down to the end of my tether ! lol   Cheers Stella ..all sorted now!   Lou.. The more you're around to help others, the less likely it is any beggar will come to your aid in your hour of need....   Ain't that just the truth!  I'm allas doin stuff for others, runnin round int car etc... and i know they wud help if they cud..no question.... it just seems they're never around at the right time !   Dunno abart Murphys Law... but its definately Sods!    Ahhh well.. tantrum over..and im a happy smiley Karey agen..                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

If it's in your nature Wannabe to help folks then no matter how much you're made a mug of you still go back for more...well I do anyways but then a bigger mug than me you aint likely to find Ermm But what the hell ...they reckon that what you give comes back to you threefold....hmm someone couldn't count obviously when they looked at me Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Yep... nail on head Herne... but when you're a helper, you're rarely a helpee ;o)

I've even had workmates drive past me, give me a beep and a wave, while I've been pushing my car alone, trying to get it to someplace safe on a bloody roundabout just off the M25.

I pulled them up on it next time I saw them at work and just got "Well, you seemed to be coping alright on yer own and we wanted to get home"

Say what?!

Then again, one time I helped a guy I knew only as a passing nod acquaintance and thereafter, any time he and his mate used to turn up at the pub I was working in, I was very well looked after indeed :o)

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Karey go and get you car checked out as the battery may have not been the problem (a lot of folk think it's just the battery) but I'd play safe and get the charging looked at too (usually a free check at your local Lucas or Kwik Fit) Andy :o)   Did the shop you bought your new battery from test it and the car charging rate too?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Morning Andy   I had some probs wiv it startin last winter and had the RAC out. he did a test on the battery and said he couldn't condemn it cos it was still 'ok'  but he advised me to get a new one as it failed to start whenever it was a really cold morning.   To be honest, its a 6 yr old car and i think the battery life's only abart 4-6yrs...?   The shop dint test it...as they were near closing..and i was just grateful they fitted it for me...  Why do Fiat mek their batteries near on impossible to get to!  hadta tek out 4 screws on the top cover then another 2 to get the bracket off... then another 2 !!   lol   Is it still worth getting Kwik Fit to do a free check? Cheers Kaz                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 2231 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption