Discounts

15 Posts | Latest reply on 13/03/2008 07:58:53 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

If you could save 10% paying monthly - would you?If you could save 20% paying 6-monthly - would you? Our Paypal fees are too high at the moment, they're taking 23%.This is leaving no funds left for advertising etc.Larger monthly payments will cost us less to process than small weekly ones. Let me know if you would consider the above, and which option. Thanks PS: This will not affect bank transfers etc - which cost admin time also                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

i also think this might solve some of the problems we're having with subscriptions being cancelled (Which i think are because the banks see the 76p payments as suspicious) and so reject the payment request from Paypal (Hence your subscription gets cancelled).
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I pay six-monthly anyway, but as cash over the counter, 20% sounds good to me Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
FlameRed's Profile
FlameRed

In: Darlington

I think its a good option, and I'm all up for saving pennies, as most of us will be!!   Maybe an auto generated email to subscribed members a week before subs are due again would be helpful, or would that be too much of a headache??                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Thats a great idea Flame, I know mines due again sometime in April tho not sure when and dont want to get kicked off                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

If you could save 10% paying monthly - would you?If you could save 20% paying 6-monthly - would you?   Prefer to leave it as it is. Maybe if I was employed then I'd say yes.                                                                                                                                                                             
stueylewie's Profile
stueylewie

In: Bognor Regis

I think the 20% for 6 months discount is a good balance of a healthy incentive and affordabilty as a lump sum   You're basically talking £20, which I for one would happily set up on a standing order straight to your bank - cutting out Paypal altogether   Every one's a winner...(aren't they ?)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

this is only for paypal.  The reason we use paypal is because its too difficult to manage bank payments etc.  Paypal does all the work electronically, they take the payment, send it to us, and update your account at the same time!  They have secure access to our servers, and they upgrade your account immediately. With bank transfers, ive got to check bank statements, get your name/user account correct, manually upgrade your account etc.  Its work ive not got time for, which is why theres no discount for bank transfers.   If you do it via Paypal though, there will be a discount as i dont have to get involved at all.  Ive realised now that that 20% defeats the object lol, it was early when i typed that.  Paypal change 23% which is too much (on small payments that is).  But it gets less and less the more the transaction value is.  So, for example, a payment of 25 quid might only be a 5% transaction fee (Big drop from 23%!).  BUT, if i add a 20% discount, then that takes it to 25% which is worse than originally lol.   (ok honestly i AM good at maths, just hadnt woken up this morning).   So it might be 10% and 15% or something like that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

okie dokie, you now have the option of paying weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly.   With each having a progressively larger discount.   We'll see how popular the new options are, and i might have to bump up the price for newcomers.  99p was good when we had 100 members, but now we have 10,000 members we need to provide a service for that number of people (i.e. Bigger servers, network capacity, redundancy, etc).   If you want to take advantage of these new discounts, this is what you need to do... Go to www.paypal.com Login as yourself (dur lol) Click on History Select Details next to your subscription(Or next to a payment for it, then you can choose the sub) Cancel it (Big button at the bottom) Wait for your cancellation email to be received! Follow the prompts here...Subscription Required Don't create your new subscription until you've cancelled your old one and have a confirmation email from Paypal AND bikermatch.  I dont wanna be receiving complaints from those of you who end up creating 2 subscriptions (Though your generosity is much appreciated lol) Thumbs Up Thanks for your continued support everyone                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt this may seem like an idiot question, but...(puts a hard hat on just in case) I already pay weekly so do I leave my account as it is?   Go on, give me a bol..erm.. tell me off for asking stoopid questions, see if I care Cry   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

erm - just read the whole topic again then ull understand.  Think uv missed the whole point of the topic.   IF you wanna save money (And save the site paying paypay extortionate fees) then you can opt to pay monthly, or even yearly etc.   To do so - u cancel your current subscription, and recreate it following the above steps.   Paying weekly doesn't change - we still gotta pay 23% fees to paypal, so theres no discount.   Subscription fees dont change as long as ur stay subscribed                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I can't pay any other way but weekly at mo and if it goes up I'll probably have to leave the site cos I'm struggling financially as it is                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

it will never go up - only for new people if it does.   Existing/running/live subscriptions cannot be changed - as you agree to a set rate.  To change rates means cancelling existing subscription and creating a new one.   The 99p a week thing was for the first 1,000 members. We're at 10,000 almost now and still have the offer running lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I wouldn't blame you if you put it up for everyone, after all it is a business not a charity. I'm glad it's not going to increase tho I'd pay more if I had it.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Well it seems people like the 3-month option, had a few cancel and take up this rate.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5615 seconds. There are 894 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption