Bennetts Bike Insurance .

8 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2024 10:54:59 by rocker21 | Go to original / last post
CertifiedSpeedFreak's Profile
CertifiedSpeedFreak

In: Scunthorpe
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

I know the subject of this post is as old as the hills and that most out there will search the for the best policy every year but for the first time in 9yrs i decided to look for someone cheaper after Bikesure decided to put my renewal up by £20....not a lot i know but £20 is £20 (i'm a tight northerner).
Anyway am i glad i did because within half an hour using Bennetts website to get a quote i couldn't believe that their quote came way under what i had been paying in fact i halved my yearly cost by £100 .
Bennetts not only blew Bikesure out of the water but with the money i had saved i added their £45 bundle before finalizing the quote for the total cost of the new ploicy.

This bundle Included=
Legal expenses cover, in the event of a non fault accident.
Recovery and breakdown assistance for your bike.
Personal accident cover in the event of death or injury following an accident.
Cover of damage to your motorcycle clothing and helmet.

Anyway i got to thinking that if Bennetts could do me the same cover as i already got way cheaper (half + RAC) why didn't Bikesure ?? as I've been with them for 10yrs plus they don't want to lose business surely ?....although having said that i did get a phone call from them two days later after i told them i wasn't going to renew with them saying "lets see if we can do you a better deal and knock the cost down" ? which of course i politely declined as they were never going to match the cost of my new policy that i'd found even though their website states clearly that they "will match any like for like quote and not be beaten on price.
Is it just me? or shouldn't all insurance brokers do their utmost to give their customers the best deal they can from the start ??.
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
63% Karma63% Karma 63% Karma63% Karma

I think it's a postcode lottery, I had been with Hastings Direct for a number of years and this year they wouldn't even give a quote. So for me the cheapest for both was Bennetts although it still went up by 60%. I also went for the £45 package as it was cheaper than just personal injury and legal cover. My car however went down £100....
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I just resign myself to spending a few hours on the comparison sites each year.
Initially it's a bit daunting but once you've got hour head round trying different variables like excesses, job description (don't lie, but if your job can be described different ways try them), annual mileage etc you can usually beat your initial renewal quote.
One thing to watch is the free breakdown cover you get with some policies, often the cover isn't what you want on a bike. The devil is in the small print.
CertifiedSpeedFreak's Profile
CertifiedSpeedFreak

In: Scunthorpe
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Steve H stay well away from comparison sites fella they only give you results from companies that pay the comparison site so their quote is included ones that don't never get a look in their all a rip off.                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

I usually do both comparison sites abd insurers direct but often comparison sites win as they are cheaper. Although I wouldn't touch companies I've never heard off                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Like Slasher says its a postcode lottery and possibly a bike lottery too. Nobody can get near Hastings prices for me and Bennets were double🙄                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

You're right Strom, Hastings was always unbeaten in price for me until now that they wouldn't insure me anymore                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: Oxford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

had the same problem with Hastings, gone with bennets for the modern stuff and peter james for the classic bikes and my Alvis TE21                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3301 seconds. There are 535 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption