Iron Butt

8 Posts | Latest reply on 27/08/2024 19:00:14 by MWTE | Go to original / last post
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

In: Nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm thinking of doing the northern Iron butt challenge next year. Mid June It's 1000 miles in 24hrs. Shires cafe up round Scotland and back. Anybody fancy coming with me ? Or doing some training rides with me (need to get Butt used to being in the saddle for 24hrs)

Think it's about £50-£75 to enter and some sponsorship money + appox £250 of fuel depending on your bike

Interested post her or PM me
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
51% Karma51% Karma 51% Karma51% Karma

I think you mean ‘Squires Cafe’ at Newthorpe not “Shires”                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I think you mean ‘Squires Cafe’ at Newthorpe not “Shires”...

YOU are so right thankyou for that                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

No probs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I may be interested in this but it’s a long way of and I’ve not started to plan next year yet                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

Yes it is a long way off
However 24 hrs on a bike will need some physical training ! I've done 2000miles in a week (with frw distance rides before) and that hurt                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Matt try to get in touch with GS George he will be able to give you advice and answer any questions as he has done Iron Butt a few times I think.                                                                                                                                                                             
MWTE's Profile
MWTE

In: Sheffield
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I saw this advertised at Squires recently and decided my bike wasn’t one for this challenge!

Fair play to you buddy for taking it on, wish you all the best 👌                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3125 seconds. There are 338 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption