Windows 11 privacy concerns.

14 Posts | Latest replyย on 26/05/2024 19:00:34 by dynax | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I'm sitting on the outside looking in here as I don't use Windows 11, but some of the stuff going on is worrying.
Advertising we're all hardened to now, but this is a whole other kettle of fishes.
The data Microsoft could harvest from this is very valuable. Their present position is 'no we won't', but they will be sitting on a huge seam of gold. Do I trust them to resist the temptation to dig a little bit?
I might as well do screen shots of my own and stick them on my front door, at least the animals round here can't read ๐Ÿ™‚

techradar.com/computing/computing-securi...worried
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: Oxford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

i know about this, it is a real concern as if a hacker gets in all your personal data is gone, not a clever move, i gave up on windows years ago and now use Linux a much better system and way more secure.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Gave up windows years ago too, using Mint at the moment, does everything I need.

Don't trust Microsoft at all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

It seems like all the best people are using Linux ๐Ÿ™‚ In my case it's cos I'm a tight arse and ain't junking a pair of perfectly good computers just because Windows demands it.

It's still a real scary thing though. Even if Microsoft can resist the gold mine it is data scammers would love to get their grubby paws on - and all that takes is a dodgy video of fluffy kittens, performing sheep or someone without their clothes on.
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

As some of you know I run a small computer repair shop, all the servers I install are all Linux based and we have converted some of our customers to Linux as the computers were fine just old, Linux makes good use of old hardware and is way more efficient
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Can anyone translate cuz I don't have a fuckin clue what you are talking about. Ps do any of you know how to sharpen a nail for my slate please                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Nurse says you're not allowed sharp object.
And you can't have the crayons either cos you eat them.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Can anyone translate cuz I don't have a fuckin clue what you are talking about. Ps do any of you know how to sharpen a nail for my slate please...

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

But the red 1s taste like jam                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

The blue ones are the tastiest and most nutritious apparently ๐Ÿ˜‹                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

What I'd like to know is how to convert to linux from windows and how to use it.                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

That's easy D6, if you use Firefox as a web browser, the profile can be moved, same with thunderbird for email, there are office programs that will happily cope with word, Excel etc, if you want more info, give me a call                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Tis very easy to D6.
Go to http://linuxmint.com/, download the Cinnamon Mint file, and then follow the instruction to make a bootable USB stick.
You can then boot from the USB stick and have a play with it, but don't install it without backing up your files first.

There are other versions of Linux, but Mint is one of the most Windows like.
dynax's Profile
dynax

Second Steve's suggestion.

Also if you use a decent sized usb drive, you can pretty much use that as your stand alone system without having to remove windows or operate as a dual boot.

Might be worthwhile picking up an old laptop or pc to experiment with.

I have a few flavours of Linux on individual drives, that I can use from any laptop or pc just by altering the boot sequence.

I have bootable usb's of mint and ubuntu, if you fancy having a go.
dynax's Profile
dynax

D6, I'm not that far from you, I could show you sometime if you wanted.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6885 seconds. There are 1056 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption