Ride to Forest Of Bowland

20 Posts | Latest replyย on 30/06/2023 11:14:48 by dynax | Go to original / last post
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Anyone fancy a ride to The Forest Of Bowland on Thursday or Friday this week.

I am going to do a reccy for a Night Photography session later in July, but going first to find a suitable place to stop.

Anyone interested leave a comment and a preferred day and we can arrange a meeting point and time.
dynax's Profile
dynax

Need to know on numbers by last thing tonight, cheers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Enjoy the ride, it's a good place the Forest of Bowland.
I don't know what you have in mind for night pics but the Jubilee Tower in the north west (Trough of Bowland) gives some spectacular panoramic views.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Thanks Steve will give it a look.

Sometime between the 10th and 29th of July, I will be doing a night session for the Summer Triangle, which should be quite prominent, I need to find somewhere high as the triangle will be fairly low down, and with as little light pollution as possible.
dynax's Profile
dynax

If it helps Thursday would be preferable for me, as I am doing the coast to coast run on the Saturday/Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
47% Karma47% Karma 47% Karma47% Karma

Checking out the weather, Thursday looks better than Friday?                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Are you in then Susi ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Might even pack my picnic blanket ๐Ÿ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Okay I am going to plan a route, it will be learner friendly for obvious reasons ๐Ÿคฃ

Get your names down and grab the chance for a great day out ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Route planned using Calimoto, twisties guaranteed ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Which direction is the summer triangle?
You will be high enough at the Jubilee Tower I expect. Looking north and east should be dark, west you have the sea but also Blackpool, the southern arc covers the Preston, Burnley and Leeds with the Yorkshire Urban Sprawl behind them.
You might need to head into the North Pennines if you really want dark skies.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Thanks Steve will give it a look.

Sometime between the 10th and 29th of July, I will be doing a night session for the Summer Triangle, which should be quite prominent, I need to find somewhere high a...
dynax's Profile
dynax

Hi Steve, I will need to be looking South West, so more or less looking out towards Angelsey.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Picked up an action camera today, will record the ride.

Don't know what the footage will be like it's only a cheap one from The Range, will try it out tonight though on the ride to the Bike Night.                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
47% Karma47% Karma 47% Karma47% Karma

Thatโ€™s me joining Mikeโ€™s ride and picnic. Fingers crossed for good weather ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Quote:
Thatโ€™s me joining Mikeโ€™s ride and picnic. Fingers crossed for good weather ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ...

Oh bugger, I can bring the blanket, will have to collect supplies enroute ๐Ÿคฃ                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Fantastic day and the weather was great for it, will sort out the videos and photos tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Big thank you to Susipop for her company on this ride, I think this is one of the best, definitely a close second to the ride to Middleton.                                                                                                                                                                             
GS George's Profile
GS George

In: Dudley Preston
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Are you still doing the ride Saturday
Coast to coast have you a rough idea of the route
I might be tempted
๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

Quote:
Are you still doing the ride Saturday
Coast to coast have you a rough idea of the route
I might be tempted
๐Ÿ‘...

So far it is still on, roughly Blackpool, through Forest of Bowland, Yorkshire Dales ( Grassington, Pateley Bridge, Ripon), outskirts North York Moors Helmsley, Pickering, Scarborough.

Planning on leaving Blackpool at 22-30 hrs, and should arrive Scarborough about 03-00 to 03-30 ish, will be taking in plenty of stops on the way, for drinks and snacks.
dynax's Profile
dynax

A few pictures : https://postimg.cc/gallery/jsb0s5v                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8574 seconds. There are 1546 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption