Lakes camp 2019

19 Posts | Latest reply on 10/12/2018 19:27:17 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

A few years back there was a quite decent Lakes camping session to do some of the passes.
I've just been over there again today (walking not riding) and it has given me a hankering for another BM Lakes camp.
The date will be mid May.
Anyone interested?
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
47% Karma47% Karma 47% Karma47% Karma

If it’s a weekend I would be interested. Not done much of the lakes on my bike and always nice to have pals for company:)                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

A weekend is what I had in mind. Turn up Friday, ride out Saturday and home Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

Sounds good to e:)                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

*me*                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yup,done two Lakes weekends with BM...we camped in Langdale for one and Glenridding for the other...may be up for this one..                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Could definitely be tempted...my home county by birth...never need too big an excuse to revisit...please include Filling Station Cafe as a cake stop...nomnomnom                                                                                                                                                                             
naomijr's Profile
naomijr

In: millom
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I could join in without the camping 😀                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Well that's all looking good.

I'm thinking 17th to 19th May, cos the other half has the girls coming over and a house full of shrieking, drunken women is more than I can cope with!!!

I just need to pick a destination, ideally a campsite with a pub that does rooms for any who want them.
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Eskdale Campsite at Boot?
It has glamping pods as well as camping and there's a pub 4 mins walk away with rooms.
Not speaking from experience of either, but had pinned the location for a possible visit.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Oh, and don't think you'll escape the shrieking, drunken wimin.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

FOUR minutes WALK!!!!....bloody hell...hope they've got some decent cider after a trek like that...;)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I was thinking of the one in Patterdale Izzy, that's the one Goose picked the other year. The Boot area is nice but a pain in the arse to get to for anyone setting off after work.
I'll have a trawl round and see what looks good.
And I'll take on board Jinx's comment of no more than a 40 minute walk to the pub!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

A weekend up in the Lakrs sounds great. I’m new to the site and hope it might be ok to join anyone heading up there?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Steve....that was FOUR minutes walk..trying to kill me?? Actually if anyone's riding to the pub and has a free seat?....:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

Windy Miller you are welcome to join me on the ride over to the Lakes plus anyone else who cares to join us. I bravely attended my first BM event in August (Barmouth) and I am so glad I made the effort. Made some crazy friends who it was good to see again at the Halloistmas fancy dress. Welcome to the Mad House 🤪🤪
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Of course you can join in Windy, that's what the whole BM thing is about.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Steve ,If I remember correctly the pub closest to the campsite was the best and served good food too,especially the breakfast on the Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I can only remember the beer lol.
I'll need to get my finger out and decide on a place soon though. I've a couple of places in mind.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 835 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption