Winter 2018, is your bike in Mothballs?

14 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2018 14:25:20 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted MemberBiker's Profile
Deleted MemberBiker

In: Shepperton
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

How many of you have "mothballed" your bikes now that winter 2018 has arrived? By that I mean your bike is in the garage with a cover on, Optimate switched on - you also run it up to operating temperature every few weeks with the garage doors wide open, the bike SORNed and it's next coming out in spring 2019? :-)
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Err no ride every day rain snow ice I have even rode in the sunshine                                                                                                                                                                             
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Same as JP, all year round/all weather rider here too ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Nope, don't do part time biking.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Currently running 3 legal bìkes out of 7...Triumph 600 Speedfour,Triumph 955i Speed Triple,Honda CB500...ride all year..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Jinx you don't ride all year as your gay lol                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Wrong post,darling..😙                                                                                                                                                                             
Dunstamick's Profile
Dunstamick

In: Flamstead
43% Karma43% Karma 43% Karma43% Karma

Just chopped the XSR900 in for a Z900RS so have been riding it around. Will most probably wrap it up after the 11th Ring of Red. will use trusty old Fazer from then until weather improves.                                                                                                                                                                             
Mandi's Profile
Mandi

In: Manchester

I’ve tucked Bob, my Street Bob, up for the winter, for all the obvious reasons, but me and my Triumph tough it out! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No, but it might get lonely in the coming months.
It's ready to go all year round, but I'll happily admit that between November and the end of February it doesn't get to see that much daylight. I just can't enjoy it in the really cold weather anymore, but on a bright winter day it occasionally comes out.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Ermm...they want to know about your bike,not meat 'n two veg,Panuno...😃                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll keep riding. I might be weird but I look forward to some snow; when the roads have cleared enough the Derbyshire Dales and Peaks covered in snow are visually stunning and near enough for me not to freeze.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Put the bike away for winter?
Maybe, if hell freezes over I’d consider it. But seeing as I don’t have a car, I’d have to get a bus or train and then mix with the scum.
Sorry, I meant ‘general public’.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ACF50...... All over my bikes I had. Tide my harley all year and many times found myself behind a gritter or on a roundabout with big piles of the stuff....... But come spring wash the ACF50 off and not one patch of corrosion anywhere and even the chrome thst I hadn't yet got rid of was still pristine.....

My harley often looked like I'd been green laning in winter 😂😂..... Yeah some days it's a no but never put away completely.... Be like putting ya left foot away.... 😂 😂

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2031 seconds. There are 460 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption