2003 SV650 For Sale

5 Posts | Latest reply on 01/01/2008 11:06:18 by Daytona_man | Go to original / last post
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

In: Bedford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya,

I'm selling off some of my bikes basically because I have too many and I've been offered a lovely Ducati ST4S, so I need to raise some funds.

My Daytona is sold and my SV650 K3 is also for sale. It's a nice bike in very good condition but has high mileage (28K miles). it would make a fantastic first bike for someone who's just passed their test and doesn't want a faired bike.

Details as follows:

Good points are -

2003 53 plate
Silver in colour
MOTd til August 2008
Taxed
Naked bike, no fairing
2 owners
Just been fully serviced by myself (ex-tutor in bike mechanics)
New brake pads
New battery
Good tyres
Good DID chain and sprockets that don't look that old, loads of adjustment left.
Has a small tinted flyscreen that actually works.
Stainless steel radiator guard fitted
Has a stainless steel tail tidy fitted and standard pig ugly rear mudguard if you want it

Bad points -

There's a dent in the tank from when the bike was dropped - you have a choice of having it with or without the dent, but the price changes depending.

The exhaust has a tiny scuff on the edge of the can, also from the drop. There are also a couple of small scuffs here and there that you'd have to go looking for to find.

The radiator is from a SV1000S. It's perfect, it fits, it works fine but isn't the correct one even though it looks like it might be. I'm just being totally honest here.

It's done 28,000 miles, so it's not like a brand new bike, but it is in absolutely fantastic condition for the mileage, which shows it has been well cared for apart from being lightly dropped once in its life.

I bought it as an unrecorded (HPI clear) accident damaged bike (light drop) originally with the intention of making a trackbike out of it, but found it such a lovely bike to ride I made it my roadbike and bought a CBR600 for the track instead. I used it almost exclusively and parked my Daytona 955i up, it's that nice to ride.

Pics of it can be found here, including some of it on earlier pages as I bought it damaged, so you can see how little was bent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78131584@N00/

Ps, the silver hugger is now sold to my ex, so that doesn't go with it, a standard chainguard will be on it.

Price £1800 ono with dented tank or £1950 with it repaired, which is damn good for any SV650, let alone a late pointy model one.

Pm me here for more details or if you'd like to view it in person, any professional inspection is welcomed.

Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

* bump to the top *                                                                                                                                                                             
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

You're an angel, Diane, thanks.                                                                                                                                                                              
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

Just bumping to say it's now got a new fuel tank with no dents, so it's £1950 ono                                                                                                                                                                              
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

bump                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 2029 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption