NEW: Mandatory login

25 Posts | Latest reply on 09/11/2016 10:25:23 by HD3FXD | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Little update... every visitor to BM is now required to login after viewing more than 3 pages. No more ghosts browsing around the profiles anonymously.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thank you Matt , this is good news x

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hang on , do you mean "3 pages "  as in 3 profiles or 3 pages of profiles ? If its the latter , thats an awful lot of profiles that can still be viewed anonymously ? Shocked

Matt's Profile
Matt

3 pages.
So they open the homepage, click "members" or "Forums" etc.
Then 1 more profile (maybe 1 topic in the forums, or maybe 1 profile)
That's it, then they have to login.

Until now anyone could just browse (most of) the site without logging in at all.

Hopefully it'll see an increase in the number of new member registrations
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you for clearing that up Matt x

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

fantastic. a welcome update from me.

will stop people keeping track of people covertly, such of ex other halfs stalking etc.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Good call Boss Man Smile

Allan l's Profile
Allan l

In: hednesford

if you can afford a bike,i'm sure £7 a month aint gonna break you                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

thanks, exactly!
And if you build up your karma (be active on the site and it goes up) then you'll soon find your YEARLY fee is just £25!

That's 48p a week!!! 

Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

I put that to some members both standard and non standard a few weeks ago and the general concensus was the initial lump sum payment could be a problem for some.
Do members who pay on a weekly basis, or perhaps take a short term subscription still get a discount at the start of their second year?
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hi mate

The "personal discount" applied to everyone's upgrade page is built up of a number of things.

For example - your karma on the site, whether you've previously upgraded (and how much), how much you want to upgrade for this time (longer upgrade = more discount).

So yep - even if you upgrade for just 1 week, you'll get a discount the 2nd time you upgrade.  The site calculates how much you've  contributed in total previously and adds a % discount to your bonus/discount for this top-up.

Hope that helps explain a bit
Ipaperclip's Profile
Ipaperclip

In: Rotherham

Signed up for 2 days before i realised this was something good. More than happy to pay the subscription. It does not exactly break the bank!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Cheers fella! Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I like the forums and chat , its worth paying , you can do so much more x

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Works for me too,always got something on my mind....and if i carry on posting like i do...you'll owe ME money.....hahahahahaaha                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

LOL  I hope not, I'm skint!                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

just one question...Who is Manda,and why does she vote Conservative ?? And is she a Lumberjack?
(strictly speaking,that's 3 questions,i know..:/>)

Matt's Profile
Matt

haha took me a while that one! Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
85% Karma85% Karma 85% Karma85% Karma

LOL PML @ Jinx's post.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Jinx lol , love your sence of humour x LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9102 seconds. There are 305 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption