Speed triple 1050 2010/11 best suspension set up

4 Posts | Latest reply on 26/06/2014 09:54:47 by Johnboy1050 | Go to original / last post
Johnboy1050's Profile
Johnboy1050

In: Harlow
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi any one own a speed triple 2010/11proir to the R that can tell me best suspension set up , am 13 stone , saves me going to a suspension set up company,like to tinker with bike first I now about sag, just thought this would save time.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Personaly id put the setting's back to stock factory set up.

Then do one adjustment at a time.

Normaly set up your front end preload then damping rebound and ompresion settings untill it steers nicley then do the rear. Once its all nice to ride and handles/steers as you like it go for finer tunning untill its spot on.

Don't forget to make sure you have newish tyres at the correct pressure before you start.

Problem is every rider rides differntly, with a differnt load. There isnt a perfect setting for every rider to share, if there was every manufactuter would set up all there bikes to that setting and that would be that.

Theres some good books out there, far cheeper than paying a man with a screwdriver to twist a few screws. Just remember heres always the factory defult settings if it dosnt feel right.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I'm with Stuie on this, go back to standard and start again from there.

As a serial suspension fiddler I learned a few years back that it's easy get everything out of sync. I was convinced my shock was on the way out but a wiser head told me to put it back to standard first.

I did and it was fine.
Johnboy1050's Profile
Johnboy1050

In: Harlow

Cheers lads for imput, old school stuff, will play with the set up etc when home next.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2031 seconds. There are 886 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption