Biolite camp stove ... It will charge phones and torches...

7 Posts | Latest reply on 11/06/2013 14:35:44 by Dingus Magee | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok the rally season is upon us ( when spring eventually appears lol) so time to upgrade the camping equipment... having been in the forces for 22 years I spent a lot of time out in the wilds for work and also in my off time and I was always and still am on the lookout for better kit and equipment so consider myself reasonably knowledgable when it comes to outdoor kit tents and such like.... well i can across this little beauty and although I havent tested it personally it looks like this stove could be a good addition to your kit if you are a chef in the out doors.. it also has a separate grill attachment.... so how does it work.. read on

Using BioLite's patent-pending thermoelectric technology, BioLite Stoves convert heat to electricity that powers a fan to make the fire ultra-efficient.

Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like mobile phones and LED lights.

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

http://www.biolitestove.com/c.../features/                                                                                                                                                                                
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

That's a great little gadget .... A tad expensive though don't you think ??? You can buy a little solar panel charger these days for not a lot of money that you can hang from your rucksack or your tent to charge most phones and its a lot more fun to make a real fire when camping don't you think ??? Thumbs Up good find though johnnytb ...

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I like it. Expensive yes, but sometimes we have to embrace technology. I like the compactness and the additional grille attachment. I am not sure how it will go down on sites where open fires are not allowed. It would be brilliant if you are near woodland where there is normally lots of dead wood lying around, or for hikers who can collect bits of wood as they walk.   I currently use a tangria meths stove, developed originally for mountain cooking, where there could be a problem with pressurized cylinders. It is surprising what you can cook on them. You do have to be extra carefully with the meths.   Anyway I am tempted to get one of those Biolites Thumbs UpBig smile.                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'm very tempted by this Wink   It looks to be very efficient Thumbs Up   I also like the "ethos" of the makers too Approve   It may look a bit expensive at first Ermm   But when you consider that we are effectively "susidising" the 3rd world sales Approve   Thereby helping to improve their health and reduce carbon emissions Cool   I don't mind paying a little extra Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Must admit this appeals, despite the price. Nice and small for storage and no carrying of gas cannisters. A bit more than I, as a newbie to rallies and camping might want to spend, but long term, i can see it being worth it savings wise and obviosly it is eco.

Carrying wood pellets would be easy, wouldn't take up that much room, and lighter than cannisters so if no kindling to be found you would still be ok.

Dingus Magee's Profile
Dingus Magee

In: Insch

I'd seen this on one of the bushcraft websites and had placed it on my 'Buy this when I have some extra shekels' list  In fact, I seem to recall seeing a 'road test' of it somewhere, with very favourable results...perhaps that should be a 'bush test' lol

Sure, it's great building your own fire, but many places have a no fires rule, and in some you wouldn't want to light a fire at certain seasons anyway...no...good post, johnnytb                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 324 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption