Bane of the biker

7 Posts | Latest reply on 04/06/2012 00:18:53 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

used to be volvo`s ,I used to be haunted by a T5 estate with blacked out windows and DAM 666 as a reg,but now the myopic and blinkered seen to hanker for silver people carriers of many makes....but saab estates are REALLY scary too                                                                                                                                                                             
tri885's Profile
tri885

In: Thetford

Now it is the "Humvee" type of vehicle that all young mothers seem to drive, to keep their one 5 year old child safe on the school run.   These vehicles seem to have no mirrors or indicators and the position of the drivers seat must make it impossible for the driver to turn their head and have a quick look before they pull out!   Crunch!!  What was that, she asks - can't be anything important - it's only got two wheels!                                                                                                                                                                             
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

In: Bishop Auckland

I also drive a jeep cherokee but as I live in the middle of nowhere that's allowed. Im 6ft 2 so can see very well when im in it. You don't need a big 4x4 if the only off road you're likely to tackle is the Kerb outside the school. My biggest fear on the bike is Audis. They just seem to come at you from every corner
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Ermm

I better give you plenty of warning before I take a drive up to Bishop Auckland in my Audi then tiger lol                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

At this time of year for me its lambs that havn't yet developed the rudimentry road sense that at least some adult sheep (the survivers anyhow) pick up. Or maybe I've just spent too much time riding round the Yorkshire Dales this week!                                                                                                                                                                             
SouthLondonPhil's Profile
SouthLondonPhil

In: SE London

Idiotic moped drivers who, after 10mins on their hairdryer, seem to think they have the skill to weave in and out of traffic, with their helmet perched on the back of their head, and certainly not giving space and respect to other 2-wheeled users of the road. Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

The "loony tune Power Rangers"   who carve up the traffic in a most dangerous and inconsiderate way Angry   Not only do they piss motorists off ...... They get the rest of us a bad name Disapprove   Because as soon as one em crashes (and they do.. often ) The MEDIA are all over the story like a bad rash Which re-enforces the public perception that bikes are DANGEROUS Like any form of transport, out on the open road, from horses and pushbikes to cars lorries and coaches All are only as dangerous as the person in control of them The sports bike riders should get to the race track There, ALL the traffic is going in the same direction They may get a shock too, by folk on smaller/older bikes riding all round them, much to their embarassment Embarrassed If they must indulge in their mid-life crisis/second childhood Take the bike to a track day or enter a race or two If they are as good as they "think" they are The mantle shelf will soon be full If not, then unless they bin it in a spectacular way the ride home should be a salutory reminder That they are not the "dogs b**ll***s" on a bike   The legendary "MIKE THE BIKE" Hailwood famously said :- "The throttle works BOTH ways" From a man who won 14 TT's that is sage advice Ride on Ride free Ride safe   Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 659 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption