Track Days

19 Posts | Latest reply on 29/04/2012 09:07:39 by SPESH | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone thinking of doing a track day, go for it.
I did my first ever, last October at the grand old age of 58!. Ron Haslam Race School at Silverstone, brilliant. Would recommend it to anyone. All kit and bike provided, so you could only bend yourself. 
Our group mainly first or second timers, so no numpty's, except one twat who came off after 3 laps - Did we all laugh?
Looking forward to grabbing brother in laws 600RR track missile this year and 'doing' Brands                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I have been thinking about doing a ladies only track day at some point, no testosterone,

As I ride an SV Sport I have been told it will teach me a lot as well as having fun :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I did my first ever track day at Snetterton on a Motor Sport Vision novice only day at 57 and after a couple of years of not doing a track day (bike I no longer had confidence in)  I did 3 in 2010 and 5 last year now I have the bike for the job. I'll be going to the Chris Walker Race School at Mallory Park next month to improve my performance so its never too late to take up track days.

If you want to do one, Shell try an MSV novice only day - everyone's too nervous for the testosterone to out. 
ayjay's Profile
ayjay

In: LOUTH
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

"except one twat who came off after 3 laps - Did we all laugh?"

Why would anyone laugh at anothers mishap? what if the said "twat" really got hurt or worse ? would you be laughing if you had to tell his wife n kids daddy aint coming home anymore!

Rant over.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Been on many track days including Donington and Brands GP circuit .
If you try it with Focused Events there wont be any intimidation .There are 3 groups from beginners to club racers and no messing round or your out!Remember one way,no cars ,no police it really is worth giving it a go.
tlrmick's Profile
tlrmick

In: Leeds

so no numpty's, except one twat who came off after 3 laps - Did we all laugh?

See its comments like that that put me off trying a track day :(                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Mick - go for it - the track days that me & Spesh have been on are very friendly - everyone helps each other out & no one (that I've come across) laughs at ANYONE coming off!..because yes, it could happen to you - a moments lapse of concentration is all it takes !
Shell - as has been said - go for a focused events track day - Novice group - everyone is too nervous to let testosterone take over! Also - last year (I think it was) I remember posting something up about a ladies only track day being run at Donington I think..I'll try & dig it out for ya.   After numerous track days last year, we've got the Chris Walker Race school booked for April & we're looking at doing Donington (ready for Team Spesh's 2nd outing there in May Big smile ) It's reet good fun - even for me just spectating & being Chief Tyre Warmer putter onner Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

we're looking at doing Donington (ready for Team Spesh's 2nd outing there in May Big smile )

How much is the Donnington one and do you have a date in mind, I may be interested to come along if you don't mind, I would be on my Thundercat so Spesh can reminisce. lol

John.

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

eyup John - looking at the 24/04. It's £149 with No Limits & it's on the GP Circuit. Be good to see ya there Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

My advice, Mick is to do a novice only track day. Motor Sport Vision do them at their circuits, there are no smart alecs to take the mickey and everyone is usually being too careful to come off. Bike Magazine's Reclaim Our Tracks track days for road bikes only are also a non-intimidating way to start track days. I did one at Rockingham last year. I can't comment on Focused Events since I've never done one of their track days although I gather that they aren't to everyone's tastes. I have done most of my track days with No Limits who I find are good organisers who don't over organise and a session with an instructor is at no extra cost.

Holmfirthgirl, I'm at the Chris Walker Race School on 26th April. Mallory Park and Ninjas to ride there - I couldn't resist it. Besides, I think I need some intensive tuition. Are you going to that one?
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

Hey Cat - nope, we're the week before on the 19th (their very 1st one!) Can't wait Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi all :-) as a bit of a trackday veteran i feel i must post. if your going to do a trackday its most important to make sure that your bike is up too the task. Loads of life in the tyres, brake pads is a must. Your personnel kit must include a one piece leather suit, or two piece with a full zip to conect them together. Gold ACU standard full face helmet and leather gloves. Boots also must be the normal length and not the ankle type.
You will learn more about the performance and handling of your bike on a trackday, so i'm sure you will enjoy it. wether on a R1 missle or a cb500.
You might get the odd person who thinks they are the next Rossi, but let them get on with it. you run at your own pace, observe the correct procedures and you have a good time I'm sure ;-)
YZFJohn's Profile
YZFJohn

In: Peterborough

Hi Spesh,

good advice.

On my first track day I took the bike on a trailer so that I could get home if I binned it.  It also allowed me to take fuel can, Oil, tools and tape (some places like you to tape up indicators etc, especially Airfields).

I had a thought on the way home from your race, you should turn your transponder to the front of the fork instead of the side, may make up the 5000th of a second? LOL.

You so deserved that race, down on power and carrying more ballast than the other guy. ClapClapClap                                                                                                                                                                              
chris.sheridan's Profile
chris.sheridan

In: MK

If you do trackdays and have an iPhone, worth looking at the MCN rider log app (I believe thats what its called ..!) , great for track days as well as normal riding (and rallying!) measures top speed, av speed, acceleration and deceleration in g, and works with gps to show you where all this took place on google maps - best  fiver I spent :)                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Just booked a trackday at Donny on April 24th on the GP circuit. Not been on this track for about 4 1/2 years so need a little practise before me next race day :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi guys and girls im new to this website, dont know where to start :S 
I have 2 track days booked in May. them been 11th at Mallory Park and 15th at Cadwell Park. 
Hope to meet your there.
Dave                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Hey Dave, you have fun. oh and keep it shiney side up, warm those tyres :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks SPESH, have you done many trackdays? Yeah i will do a few warm up laps and not push too hard.                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Yeah i've done a half dozen since last year. last one was last tuesday at donny. plus a couple of race schools and acu testing days. They are great fun, no police, diesel spills or cars pulling out on you. Decided that this year that a step forward was needed, so started club racing. Now that is fun :-)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9023 seconds. There are 285 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption