ride out to barmouth (wales)

142 Posts | Latest reply on 26/06/2012 20:42:00 by PaulXXX | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Hang on start by getting it right most of the eu stuff has already been chucked out as unworkable. MAG was good a few years back when thay would tackel the goverment head on but now thay bow to the goverment by holding there rallys demos on a sunday so it causes less problems for other road uses. now you give me any good reson to waste my sunday on a pointless effort that the goverment wont notice. When MAG starts to get there actions right by doing these things on a day when it will causes total gridlock to the capitol I will be there taking a loss in wages to do some good for all

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

your right clarkee i was surprised at the number of people at Squires sat drinking tea while there was a protest ride just a few miles away, aren't they bothered what happens                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This seems to be getting a bit heated.  I'm sure none of us want to attack each other personally, some of us just believe that things need to be handled differently to create more impact where it counts.

If folk want to demonstrate on a Sunday that's fine.  Equally if they would rather go out and enjoy each other's company and their bikes in general, that's their right too.

My own view is just that, my own, in that I believe no-one will sit up and take notice of even thousands and thousands of bikes occupying one lane of a motorway on a Sunday for an hour.  The most you get is 15 seconds of fame on a local news channel - it needs to come to the attention of the major news channels which may mean MAG and members showing the commitment of lost time/money to show their strength of feeling on the issue.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Its not there not bothered its thay know it will do nothing untill its mid week at short notice so thay cant block it                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

i just think that the fact we're  there will show MAG and others that we are concerned and that maybe they may make an effort to get this sorted, surely any effort is better than none                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I "could" go into a full blown "rant" here but I wont  Angry   All I'm saying is :   Those who sit and do nothing but belittle the efforts of those who make the effort   Should examine their conscience's   I just hope they are the ones who have "trick" bikes with lots of "after market" attachments on their bikes   You can bet they will be among the first to "complain" when they are banned off the road   If you don't participate in the "debate/demo" YOUR voice will NEVER be heard                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Just opened a thread in general chat about this, as I'd be interested to see the general opinion on here.

I'm with you emzed and Bill, and emzed, spot on with the trick bikes comment.

Everyone does have a choice but, there are those who would seek to eradicate that choice, left unopposed.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It seems to me that if we do nothing, making lame excuses, then we can kiss goodbye to our Sunday rideouts.Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Lame excuses? hope thats not directed at me                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You've got a poorly shoulder, not a poorly legLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Ok folks new thread has been started for this, lets not ruin somebodies hard efforts on organising a great day out by difference of opinions :)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

There just sulkin cus thay didnt get any icecream                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree with jp,I used to be a taxi driver doing runs to London,best time to hit 'em is 8.!5 Monday morning when all the "go home for weekenders" are trying to get back into work, or 4.00 onwards on Friday when they are trying to escape the shambles.                                                                                                                                                                             
Valerian's Profile
Valerian

In: Bath/ Coventry

Thanks to all those that turned up for the Barmouth run on Sunday and enjoyed themselves whilst we vaguely had some good weather.                                                                                                                                                                              
Valerian's Profile
Valerian

In: Bath/ Coventry

.......... should also add that Rocky (who organised this) says a big thank you to everyone who came  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Can you pass on our thanks to rocky for his work in this was good to meet him and see you again

IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

posted a couple of pics up if anyones interested

JP's Profile
JP

Thanks Ian that pic makes me look fat                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Must be his camera, I look fat too lol                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I fitted a wide angle lens especially for you JP LOLLOLLOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0234 seconds. There are 304 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption