Break down of petrol oil price

22 Posts | Latest reply on 07/12/2011 22:28:09 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

In: Swansea
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15462923

No surprise that 60% of what we pay goes to the govt in duty & tax Angry

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

60% duty and tax dont sound right to me think its more than that as fuel companys have always said if it goes up 10p thay only get 2p so whos telling the porkies                                                                                                                                                                              
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

same here, jp, I'm sure at one point it was around the 80% mark, but 60% is bad enough..

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Well I have always said if we all stopped buying fuel for a couple of weeks the price would drop                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I was talking to a colleague in work about fuel costs and shocked them when I stated I can remember it being 99p a GALLON !

Cheeky sod said he didn't think I was that old ... But it's Not that long ago really ...                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Have to agree with Old Un if folk stpped buying it in protest it may have an effect.

I know that some folk could not do it for various reasons, but theres plenty of us that could if were honest

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You don't have to stop buying petrol altogether. Just boycott one brand eg Shell. They would have to bring their price down to attract business back, and then the other brands would have to follow suit to remain competitive.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

LOL Shell, I remember petrol being 99p (about 5 or 6 yrs ago I think), not sure it was measured in gallons tho.   Great idea XK Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

In: Boston

7 'n 6 guess that's about 38p when I started riding a bike

I shall avoid Shell stations from now, wonder if enough people will follow suit or are there to many affluent folks out there to care.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

60% that sounds about right from the BBC. It is more like 73% in real terms. Trouble is, we have a nanny state that has to be provided for. Your fuel duties pay for this among other taxes. Don't start me.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

so now its being diluted wiv ethanol..is ethanol cheaper or dearer than petrol itself?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Interestinly Shell were chewaper than Tesco and the cheapest in my area up until about aweek ago, when it went up a penny to 135.9 and Tesco went down to 134.9   But what ever the price its still too bloody expensive   £20odd to fill my gixer up and £60+ for the car ..... rediculous no wonder i'm going broke rapidly   check this site out for cheaper prices in your area     http://www.petrolprices.com                                                                                                                                                                             
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

Tesco is about £1.29~ /ltr around here ;)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Choose very carefully who's fuel you use. Where you maybe saving a few pence per litre (hate that euro word) in some stations, you might as well be using piss as a fuel. Trust me. Although it's treble what it should be (as are once leader said " if you want a health service") you get what you pay for.
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

there are 1/2 dodgy stations around here that are lazy cleaninig the pipelines etc..

Just noticed this on the BBC page (tax increases/not):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15730087

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

http://www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.ht...html#j-1-2   This link shows the breakdown of fuel costs and taxes over the last few years.   If the government reduce their tax on fuel, they will raise another tax to cover their loss of revenue. We mortals will never be free of this.                                                                                                                                                                               
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I tried a link which didn't work.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

boycotting one company, or not buying fuel for 2 weeks, is just stupid.  You're just killing the economy.  It's the tax that is high and needs to come down.

You're still lucky in the UK... try buying fuel (or food, clothes, etc) in the Netherlands!  Or Scandinavia etc.
Junction47's Profile
Junction47

PetrolPrices.com - sign up for updates every few days.

This is just rubbing it in now.. bike & car OTR:  128.9/ltr

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As much as i hate using the big conglomerates e.g Shell, their fuel save regular unleaded is "actually" giving me more MPG at least in the car it is, as they claim in the adverts   And it's also now again "only LOL" 134.9 as opposed to Tesco's fuel save type higher octane which is 4 or 5p dearer...   But its still too damn expensive what ever the price !!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 466 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption