The 1970's

54 Posts | Latest reply on 23/05/2019 08:51:52 by Cornholio | Go to original / last post
Mazza's Profile
Mazza

In: Crediton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Prince of Wales check jackets and dresses (Burgundy hankie in top pocket) yes I WAS A SKINHEAD Shocked Ben Shermans What about Unisex Brogue Platforms with laceups (my ex wore em to our wedding) Loons (big flare trousers from the top of the leg) Pans People Decade of strikes and power cuts Bee Gees Oh my lord I feel old now Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Quote FBK: memo to kwak i wasnt born till 1978 . LOL im only 29 Tongue   *Coughs*Ahem!!! Ya know what ya can do wi' your memo don't ya, FBK? Bloomin' nappy brigade  Tongue LOL                                                                                                                                                                                               
lowrider69's Profile
lowrider69

In: Kingsbridge, Sou

elvis presley died in 1977Unhappy i was a newspaper boy then
bandit-viss's Profile
bandit-viss

In: Isham/kettering

The 70's to me was getting up neck in mud, paisley shirts, tiswas, marbles, conkers, climbing trees, falling out of trees lol, sliding down steep grassy hills on a sheet of card, raleigh chopper and grifter, hand me down clothes, the first grandstand game console, skelectrix (sp) high waisters, flares, the goodies, gobstoppers,sherbert dib dab. In those days as a kid, you spent nearly all of your time outside, you stayed in to watch your fave shows in the morning at the weekends then you vanished till teatime, no pc, no mobile phone, just a field and 101 uses for a stick. Those were the days !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Kate5930's Profile
Kate5930

In: Birmingham

First taste of bikes, my friends older brother and his mates had the 50cc jobbies, used to go on the back over the sand pits, which ironically my house was built on ! We were SO BIG !   Mo hair jumpers,  cord trousers,  canvas and hessian wedges (very similar to the ones today)   Playing out till it went dark then you went home.                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

i just want to say thank on behalf of all bikers my age to people like kwak for being there for us at that tender age in the 70's like when your just new borns .   and for that if your ever in the same pub as me i'll buy you a beer kwak . heres to you .Thumbs UpThumbs Up   and this is also to all you single perants and mums and dads Thumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hey! I was only 12 in 1970, flamin' nora I aint THAT old *sob* *hissy fit*  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

In: Bedfordshire

And I was 10, Oh they were the days of innocenceEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

In: Dudley

i can remeber bay city rollers i even had the skool bag lol, maxi dresses n gypsy skirts ist time about big platform shoes(im slaggin off my mas wardrobe lol) skin heads n teddy boys fighting in brum city centre, IRA pub bombings in brum city centre, no all nite tele, most still in black n white, no breakfast time tele PUNK  , Snaps being 5p a packet lol  chips 16p a bag alf p[enny sweets and i was only born in 71 !!!!
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

oh yeah  u cud let kids play out and they were safe, hardley any stories of dodgy pervs n kids who kill kids and quite a lot of bratian was still british!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I wonder how today's young uns would cope without computers and mobile phones and txt spk LOL                                                                                                                                                                                  
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

they;d do there bloody home work lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Shocked I'd forgotten about HOME WORK, mm maybe being a wrinkly aint so bad after all Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

i remember bottles of milk at skool on break and milk moniters and teachers cud smack the kids i know cuz i sampled that bit lol                                                                                                                                                                              
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

Spotted dick and custard, Jam roly poly and semolina pud!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

skool puddings were disgustin i hated semolina and blamonge ( i know that spelt wrong lol ) dinners were a lot more better than wot kids get now though                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Barf! at semolina Dead    I hated school dinner when it was liver and onions then semolina for afters Dead I went hungry when they were on the menu.     I remember the dinner lady insisting I eat my SWEDE, so I used to mix it in with my mash and take a big swig of water to get it down...these days I LOVE swede and don't like it mixed in.   I think it's called being a fussy sod, least that's what my mum used to call me LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

|I remember my art teacher being a dirty old sod. Went to his retirement party a couple of years ago. God he was ancient!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML my maths teacher, at my first senior school, was a perv, he'd make us stand on a chair to rub the chalk off the board then drop something on the floor just so he could look up our skirts when he picked it up. Made my skin creep.                                                                                                                                                                              
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

Not good Kwak,is he still alive, I'd make a complaint and f**k up his life...... i'm not really bitter Angry                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4922 seconds. There are 310 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption