The 1970's

54 Posts | Latest reply on 23/05/2019 08:51:52 by Cornholio | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

What did the 70's mean to you? What do you remember about the 70's? and don't say you're not OLD enough to remember or I'll have a hissy fit

My first bike (BSA Bantam)
Space hoppers (rubber balls with ears that ya sat on and bounced) no smutty jokes ta lol

The Sweet (the band)
Green Shield Stamps
Spanish Gold (kids sweet tobacco)
Bay City Rollers (yuck)
T Rex (oh yes!) lol I had a crush on Marc Bolan, soon cured that when I heard him speak

£ S D (Pre-decimal currency, jeez I feel old now, who started this topic?)

Worzel Gummage
Skippy
Crackerjack
Top of the Pops
Tales of the unexpected (mystery drama)
2 tone strides (skinhead trousers)
Hot pants
Heat wave (of 1976)
Getting served in a pub at age 13 (babycham lol)
Brut after shave
Rebel perfume

valerossi46's Profile
valerossi46

In: penzance
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Nappies, rusks, formula, romper suits, moses basket etc etc etc.......sorry LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

i was born in 1970 lol so ill have to ask me mum lmao                                                                                                                                                                              
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

lol well kwak what can i say i have some fantastic pictures and the styles of clothes grief   marc bolan white tights,   round collars high waist bands   f**k off trousers   errrrrrrrr   cherryb and ciderDead   those massive tins of beer for parties   and i was not gonna mention age again lol    by the late seventies though it was punk rock follies and i cut off all my hair and moved to holland lol                                                                                                                                                                                     
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

i thought the work f k would have come out differently oops   of course the seventies were a bit wild just before all the record labels became freer and anyone could start their own label.  before that it was all the big ones had the music industry all tied up and   the number 1984 still meant something where as now we living in it lmao Wink   maybe im tooooo old and toooo cynical Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
50% Karma50% Karma 50% Karma50% Karma

I can barely remember the 80's spent most of it in a bit of a haze Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

the thatcher years ( will put my political head to sleep now ) Ying Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
fjr_graham's Profile
fjr_graham

In: Sheffield/Barnsl

Well !!!!!! in 1971 i had my first legal road bike a BSA C 15 that was truly what you said kwak bouncy thats why the  bsa got labled ( bloody sore a*se ) yer i remember most of the thing that you listed and most of what earthwind has said ,age who`s talking about age`s ?                                                                                                                                                                             
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

In: Blackpool

My bike of the 70's? The Chipper... a little version of the Chopper lol. What about The Tomorrow People, Mary Mungo and Midge, and The Flumps? The Six Million Dollar Man toys. We were poor and I never got them but I always hoped. I did get a second hand Evil Kneivel tho. Remember them? Wind em up and let em go. Never as good as the advert showed but what is?                                                                                                                                                                               
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

wonder woman lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Graham the bouncy bit was about the space hoppers not my Bantam.   I knew I'd get the Nappy Brigade when I asked about the 70's lol   Come on there must be more wrinklies on here than just me, don't ya remember the 70's or ya afeared to let on? LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

yeap i can remenber the 70's really well . boobs shoved in me face anytime i cryed LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

well there was magpie, play away the magic roundabout Bob dylan came to england and I saw him three times black bush festival and london qued up all night for tickets slept on the pavement.   there was monte python, startrek with captain kirk   the partridge family   sat in the tree top all day long rocking and a rolling and singing this song all the little birdies go tweet tweet tweet   because your mine i walked the line   and there was the fantastic leonard cohen who i am listening to still today   vicious you hit me with a flower.. you do it very hour you o viscious   we can be heroes just for one day   its the music LOL                                                                                                                                                                                     
babbsy's Profile
babbsy

In: Sidcup

What I remember most is:   You wore long nylon dresses to parties.   Tartan Bitter - my dad always drank that at Xmas   1974 - The first Mc Donalds opening up in Woowich, SE London (near where I live)   The Silver Jubilee - Big reinactment we did at school...   I know there's lots more if I think harder...  Now I know I'm getting older when an original Chopper bicycle is worth a bit!  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Quote FBK: yeap i can remenber the 70's really well . boobs shoved in me face anytime i cryed LOL   crikey you were a sensitive teenager weren't ya? A lucky one tho LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

In: Blackpool

Re:FKB and Kwak     I still try that trick to this day.... doesnt work as well tho now                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You and other red blooded males no doubt LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You and other red blooded males no doubt LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

Between the ages of 11 and 20 were the my 70's years an awful lot happened lmao (I shock myself thinking about it )                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

memo to kwak i wasnt born till 1978 . LOL im only 29 Tongue   oh by the way in i think it was 1975 long before i was born the veitnam war ended                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5259 seconds. There are 681 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption