Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland

676 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2012 15:36:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi,
been looking at all the pics and it looks a beautiful place to be.  One of those pics looks to be of a mosaic, on a ceiling, but made out of pine cones?
Does anyone know what this is, who made it, where it is etc, as i'd love to know.

Many thanks if you can help.

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

PB its in the bavarian summer house at Brodick Castle - it is indeed made out of pine cones/acorns and seeds of all sorts. the ceiling and walls are decorated with them and they are glued in place. im sure if you google it you can find out much more.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kwakgirl, my thanks - off to look it up now.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Well what can I say....besides my gorgey man proposing on the beach at sunset on bended knee too Wink and me saying yes after a few OMGs LOL we had one of the best times ever. I know ive made some new friends who made me laugh so much I was aching (you know who you are so dont try and hide!!!). It was brilliant to see old and special friends and having a right blast in such an amazing setting (hats and tables spring to mind Wink).    Arran is stunning, yes the roads are crap but who cares if you went too fast you'd miss how awesome the island truely is.   Mega thanks to our wee Katie for arranging this camp, thank you for the gift babes Hug   Hugemungous thanks to Iain for keeping me upright after my little dip Wink   Giggley hugs to Jules for being blooming bonkers.....well she has a adoptive son....who is a highland cow called Hamish...nuff said!!!!   Chuffed Sara met someone special Wink   Regardless of the weather etc this will go down in BM history as a good ole crack of an event Big smile Boingggggggg boinggggggggggggg   To everyone we met, you were all such a cracking bunch and we're looking for ward to seeing you all again Hug   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That Kwakgirl is not just a pretty face....she takes a great photo too!
Cracking pics indeed luv!                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

Big smile well thanks OJ Big smile Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I just want to say thanks to Katie for arranging this trip. The location couldnt have been better!!! Had fab time..met some lovely new people..one especially. The Isle Of Arran is a special place Smile   So pleased for you both Haze and Steve...Steve you are a true romantic... Im so happy I could burst!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oooops...meant to say a big thank you to Brian.. you were brilliant with Georgia... a real gent...and another huge thank you...you matchmaker you Big smile I am a very happy girl xxx
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

well think i can safely say EVERYONE had a great time! Im still buzzin and still totally wrecked! lol   XK i found that "pressie" you left in the pocket of my fleece - thanks!! gonna save it as its the only time your reaction was completely appropriate!!! lol by that i mean you shut the feck up...... for 5 minutes at least! hahaha Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Turtle20's Profile
Turtle20

In: Kendal

Big thanks to Katie for organising such a fab weekend and thanks to everyone else too.

Many challenges for us 125 learners from Kendal but we did it, not so sure I'd do a trip like that again on a 125 but hey ho you never know !!!!

I love Arran and would love to go back soon.

Thanks again to everyone especially Minnie, Laura and Josie.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile More photos uploaded....have a look we've got most of you guys and girlsWink Still reminiscing about last week and wishing we were still there.   Can't wait for next years Katie Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

and a few more pics courtesy of Phil... wishing we was still there too, good times Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

pics look great - looks like it's a loverly place Thumbs Up  Love the one's with the squishy highland cattle hiding in the bushes (& everywhere else LOL ) Hazel - how the 'ell did you fit on the bike with all that stuff???Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Hehe That'd be Hamish. He likes to get out and about a bit Stella. Although we do get some funny looks sometimes, and the occasional outright laugh.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Thanks to everyone who added pics to the calendar. 4 pages of 'em, wow!! Lovely.      http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2581                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

HFG it was a tight fit Winkxx                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 322 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption