Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland

676 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2012 15:36:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Jerry what a phenomenal ride you did to get to the camp - it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and yes there will be another for sure.  Hope you will come back to other BM events as your good company will be most welcome.  Keep in touch and ride safe hun Hug                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The pics are brill, glad you all had a great time.
Nice one Poshpilly, its good when you meet someone spesh innit? :)

Dean-o's Profile
Dean-o

In: Chorley
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Tiptastic weekend. Great to meet so many friendly people.
Jerry, you're a hero.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Well on the last leg of my trip home - waiting for the boat at cairnryan.

Had an excellent weekend - way too much single malt drunk and amazed I've not got hypothermia lol (thanks dabe for keepin me right lol)....and the roads were shite but sure always fun if you can get all the wheels off the floor. :D
Hopefully the bike will be sorted for next time ....but where the hell do I put the 14 extra duvets when it is!
Katie - big extra thanks to you for arangin everything and for the pep talk saturday ;) 
Debs :D :D :D
Ps I'll post some pics up asap                                                                                                                                                                              
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

lmao @ Debs had my eye's closed honest ;)

so glad ye enjoyed the weekend cant wait till the next one :) 

can ye ever have too much single malt :):):)

looking forward to seeing yer pic's

safe home Debs speak soon :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ellie, it was a fab weekend, the rain only really hit Sunday afternoon & was not too bad, wind was the pain in the pinny 

Dabe, after tasting it I would agree with you on that one, tho I will still bring your beers for you on the next one lol 

Debs I am sure you will have forgotten all about it for the next camp & need to be reminded Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

Lol@ shell u know me too well - never forget! lol

@Dabe....thank god u don't embarrass easily - I'm just grateful u were pissed enuf for the experience not to have caused post traumatic stress! lol 

dabe's Profile
dabe

<<<<<<<<<<photographic memory here ;) lmao even when am a tad inebriated lmao                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Had  a brill weekend!Big smile   Despite blowing me bike up at Gretna!Unhappy   Good start to the weekend - meeting Star on the ferry, and getting away wiv just the 2 slapsOuch. Her fella Steve - top blokeThumbs Up Although got caught up in on an avalanche enroute to the campsiteWink At midnight the big boys n girls went swimming, while the whimps hung their heads in shame. Sat am - woke up to warmth and sunshine - the view to die forBig smile Big ta to Shell n Mr P for putting up wiv me n jokes Questionall day. Can't remember too much about Sat nite 'cos I was so psst - but sorry to those I upset. Sunday, the luverly Debs drove me around the island, and I nearly got us chucked outa t'pub. Went 4 a walk, n got hit by a golfball; who grassed me up? Sunday nite, in t'pub trying to annoy as many as possible. Found out  Pod had proposed to Hazel on the beach - owwwHeart Really pleased for them bothThumbs Up Retired to the TV room after chucking out time, and fell asleep. Woke up on me lonesome in the wee small hours. Monday - packed up tent and made sure nothing left on ground. Got to ferry- where's me phone? - it's back on the campsite being charged up - wotta plank!   Rounds orf the wekkend by upsetting peeps on the ferry. Rings breakdown recovery from the ferry port (thank u Calmac office staff). 'Someone will b wiv u in 1 hour'. this at 3pm. Three hours later... I finally get home at midnight. I actually had my bike on the recovery truck at 3.30pm, only to be told by the driver that he had made a mistake, n I wasn't his customer! His customer was Wilf, who had broken down 200yds further on.   Did I enjoy this weekend? You bet yer bottom dollar!Big smile Would I go again? Not until they get the roads repaired - they are so biker unfriendly!Thumbs Down I hear the Isle of Bute's roads are decent enuff - may try there next.   Garage has looked at bike - lack of oil has totally knackered it (bust oil pump?)- not worth repairing, so shall break.   Still, getting the push means I hav a lotta time to repair my Virago - now where did I put that mallet?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Lol@ shell u know me too well

And thats after only our 1st meeting Deb lmao 

Still giggling here at Phil's description of certain events, wish the same could be said about XK's jokes                                                                                                                                                                               
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend . Lots of laughs and lots of lager but mainly the memory of some very wonderful people . I look forward to the next one . X Dusty                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thanks everyone i had a brill time met fab people had a good laugh its what these bike meets are all about. a big thank you to katie for a great weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Well, what can I say? We had a brilliant week, and I know we pretty much kept to ourselves, but as anyone that knows me will realise, I do like the peace and quiet. Had a fantastic time, and mucho thank you's to Katie for suggesting the campsite. Cheers hon xXx

I've uploaded a small selection of photos to the event page if anyone's interested to see what Arran is really like, and boy, the sunny days make all the difference. The pictures just don't do the place justice...

And in case anyone was wondering, no animals were harmed in the making of these photos (Hamish was well looked after)....unless you count BM members and then all bets are off LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Home at 17.30 tonight, good ride back with only a couple of showers, hell of a memorable weekend!
Hope Mini managed to get the bike started and isn't going back and forth on the ferry!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Yes Yid, bike did start (eventually) and managed to escape from the ferry. was still a bit jittery from that Calmac bloke saying "If you don't get that bike started NOW, you're not getting on that ferry!" eeeeks   Me and Sara both had problems with our bikes not firing properly. We're wondering if the petrol from a very rustic garage with a single, non-digital pump that had to be bashed by the owner and also kicked several times before it started working could have had anything to do with it lol   What a fabulous weekend. Arran is gorgeous and looked especially stunning with a fresh coat of snow on Goat Fell this morning...brrrrrr   Brilliant choice of campsite Katie and thanks for the reviving whiskey & crabbies, and for the lovely fire Sharkey   Was lovely to meet up with old chums and new   This journey was really significant for me and Sara & really couldn't give a damn that I'm another year older....just call me a silly old bugger, cos I don't care! xxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Ooops forgot....I've got xk's phone (pm me your address xk & I will post it to you)   Also brought back a black, 'Trespass' fleece in (ahem) a largish size. Pm me if it is yours and I will get it to you somehow                                                                                                                                                                             
dabe's Profile
dabe

aw just been looking through the newly uploaded foties lmao brings it all back what a fab weekend :)                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

could be crap fuel Minnie....glad to hear you got home ok. fill the bike up asap with some fuel from a garage you know.   petrol goes off if its left standing for a while. had to ditch a full tank recently for that reason.   saw the snow up on the mountains as i was heading south along the Ayrshire coast today...looked fab but guessing last night was a cold one.....lucky me i had a proper bed last night Big smile Thanks to Callum & Treasa for putting up wiv me! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

On the latest head count we are all home and safe.  Well done again to Minnie and Sarah - hat's off to you both.   The photos are all fantastic, just had a look through them again and chortled - superb!!!!!   OMG I can't wait till the next one xxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

Oh I'm so jealous, why didn't I go on this!!! Some fabulous and amazing photos there, some really professional shots. It looks  beautiful!!!
Glad you all had a great time lads and lasses.  Looks like there will have to be another one and I won't be silly enough to miss it next time !!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 305 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption