Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland

676 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2012 15:36:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
dabe's Profile
dabe

In: Dunbar
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Ditto here on the East Coast :):):)   safe journey everyone see you tomorrow :):):)                                                                                                                                                                                 
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

In: Melton Mowbray
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Space for one bike on the Friday 12:00 crossing from  Ardrossan!!!! 

I am really sad to say I can't make it to Arran this time but will be finking bout you all Cry x 
I so wanted to breath lots of Arran air!!! And to meet all you lovely people x Ouch

I have just cancelled my ferry booking so there is a space on the Friday lunch time ferry 12:30 to book in for 12:00 for one bike x And back on Monday at 13:30 x If anyone was thinking about going over x

Have a great time to all that do go x

keep safe x

Mandi x Ying Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

A few years back I was camping at Glen Rosa , on Arran the wind got so bad that every ones tent was flattened and I had a Force Ten mountain tent. Power lines were down , trees were down , the ferry was damaged at it's moorings , the bow door wouldn't open . Come to think of it , that was easter. But , look on the bright side , it's a lot easier to pack up your gear when most of it has blown away AND , you get the joy of shopping for and choosing new kit .
"Always look on the bright side of life
te dum , te dum
te dum te dum te dum te dum''
hahahahahahahahaha
see you all , friday
Dusty xx
dabe's Profile
dabe

aw sorry to hear that Mandi   i'll raise a wee dram to ye when i get there :)   Dabe o                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

aw Dusty its gonna be fine - not windy today either so we'll not be chasin tents across the beach this weekend Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

@kwakgirl , If my tent blows away , I'll be off to the nearest B&B. In fact the more that I think about it I may pretend that it blew away on the way up , ooh warm bed , hot shower . the simple things ahhh.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats me packed ready for wee hurl to claonaig 130 miles aiming for the 1120 ferry and capsite for 1pm safe journey to all see ye in bar remember funny hats cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Lol@ dusty 100 % agree... if the tent blows away I'll fight ya for the last bed space in the b & b lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ehhehe Ian has already checked and the b n b has spaces!

Just fueled up at morrisons before heading to the port, see you all there, safe crossing everyone x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

HI guys sorry to say my head cold came back with a vengeance ,was at work hoping it would eff off but no chance. All yous guys goin enjoy yerselves ,till skeggy  ciao , marty x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Awww Marty, its been lovely here, few bits if drizzle, but on the whole fab. Even the evenings have been ok, not needed the hit water bottles even x                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Just wishing all at Arran a safe journey home xxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just got in after a very wet 5hr trip back from Arran, spent much of the time filtering through stationary traffic from Lancaster to Sandbach ............. but what a fab weekend, gravel, pot holes some of the most uneven roads in the country ...... and lets not forget wind and rain couldn't spoil it! Met some great folk and a very special one too Big smile Would happily endure it all over again lol Hope you all got home safely and look forward to seeing you again Mark   Didn't really want to go home Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ian & I are home now, after a quick stop off at mom & dad's with their whisky lol 

Bobby, Wilf & XK, hope the bikes all get sorted quickly.

Katie, Your getting a sat nav lady for Xmas LOL

Great weekend, big thumbs up for finding it Katie, not as cold as I thought it would be, fab people, great to meet peeps old & new and defo a great place, 

Have to say tho after seeing the roads, glad I left my bike at home.

See you all back there in August Thumbs Up, just need to sort out the pics for posting & those to be kept for blackmail Evil Smile

**edited** 

Pics up Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Some great pic's Shell, look's as if you all had a brilliant time Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

HugEEEEEEEEK shortest journey i've ever travelled & and I just woke up Sleepy hehehe.   Thank you to everyone that made the epic journey and made it an awesome weekend that will never leave my 'giddy kipper' memory banks lol.  I'm still smiling to myself - best weekend for a long time.   Even though there is only one road round the Island - YES I did manage to get lost Embarrassed however, did treat Panman (John) and Dabe to a 'Knicker Gripping' journey to the Castle & Distillery via Aberdeen LOL my chuckle muscles were well exercised for sure Wink   Minnie & Sarah - respect to you both for getting there on your 125's hat's off to you both Thumbs Up    I hope you all got home safe and sound.  Can't wait to till the next time Handshake xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                              
dabe's Profile
dabe

thank's to errybody for the best weekend ever i so cant wait till the next one :)

what a fabulous bunch of people you are, my face is so sore with all the laughter :)

goin to check out the foties :)

dabe o                                                                                                                                                                             
justjerry's Profile
justjerry

In: The Lizard
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Big thanks to all for making me welcome - twas proper lurvly  Big smile

I can't believe that nothing fell off the bike over all those roads!!!

11:00 ferry, 540 miles and home by 11:30pm  phew  Sleepy

bring on the next one  Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got back last night, after a six hour journey of trying to keep my eyes open! I had a wonderful time, despite the rain and gales. Met some lovely people, including a special one Smile Hope all you guys got home safely, cant wait for the next one!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

Great pictures so far - sure there must be more. Looks beautiful.

A particularly attractive one of XK lying on the sand-bank in the bay there. Shame I can't tag it for him Clown

Glad all are home safe and had a good time. X                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6484 seconds. There are 317 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption