EU bike laws attendees list Sun. 25th Sep. 1 PM

93 Posts | Latest reply on 27/09/2011 20:50:56 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There was a brilliant turnout at Trowell and the support along the way was fantastic Thumbs Up Great time at Squires later and good to catch up with a few BMers and of course my lovely mate Alice Big smile Hope to get over again soon and looking forward to RTTW Saturday .......HB x
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

We left from corley services junction 3 of the M6 heading for M1, final destination Watford Gap services. We got about 200 metres from Corley services and unfortunately a bike burst into flames. The guy managed to pull up on the hard shoulder and put the sidestand down with flames licking all around him. Not really an auspicious start! Someone stopped to help him and the rest of us carried on at roughly 30mph blocking all 3 carriages. There were several hundred bikers and some peeled off at Junction 1 of the M6 (Rugby). The rest of us carried on through the Catthorpe interchange to join the M1. As we Joined the M1 another group from I assume Leicester Forest East or Donnington were passing at exactly the same time. We merged with this other group and proceeded on to Watford Gap.                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Lots of bikes at Keele on the M6.  Went down to the next services and most stopped for a while then, all left seperately..  Didnt get much over 30mph for most of the run. Good turnout but, I didnt see any coverage on the news last night. Did I miss it somewhere?.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

It was the weekend of the Jennings run in Cornwall (1000 + bikes) so we joined up with the MAG demo at the lunchtime stop and travelled down the A30, no idea how many bikes in total when we all joined up but all you could see was bikes .  It was fantastic and hopefully it helped to get the message across.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hiya Jenny, sounds like you had a good run out too! What a buzz going out in a group like that!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

S24 - "I was the one on the main picture pulling out the car park right next to the camera man. Black/pink ZXR who waved. "   Yes i saw you on the box mate.  A friend of mine was just behind you on her yellow SV650.           Can i have your autograph?       Star                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

we still dont seem to have a total for the country, anybody read anything

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Moonstone and I ended up going to the Warwick Services on the M40 because she had contacts in Warwickshire MAG. There were several hundred bikes there with, as far as I could see everyone riding sensibly. The local MAG rep gave a pep talk about not getting into arguments with other road users so although we slowed everything up all the way up the M40/M42 to Frankley Services, there didn't appear to be any issues. Shame it started raining towards the end of the run.

And to answer your question, Bill, no I haven't seen anything in the media. They may well do their usual stunt of trying to ignore us. However, from various reports, if some meeting places had over 1000 and most had a few hundred then it does sound like an impressive turnout. Maybe MCN will produce a figure. 
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

The only media coverage I've seen was The Daily Post (Mon 26th Sep), a welsh regional daily. 

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/0...-29485849/

Saw nothing in the national dailies. Curious the MAG website has no updates since Saturday...                                                                                                                                                                             
desres's Profile
desres

In: Pontblyddyn

MCN featuring off course:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/Gene...EPI-132883

Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

There was a very 'short' clip on central news on the Sunday night which said about a bike protest (didnt catch all of the clip though)                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Here is You Tube link

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrQtvZzoYELs&h=sAQAfafN0AQDDglE0fmCpuxCQlce81a2rG7qlxu4qI4oIAw

I think 1min 25sec into clip you can see Bikerbill, Baz kaw600, kwakarider with white t-shirt on and me just behind him on the left.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

MAG member Jon Strong has had success in his highly detailed challenge to some of the EU Commission's most lazy assertions about what's good for you and me as riders.Now we can do something very simple that will help Jon press his case and shine a spotlight on the Commission's attempts to steam-roller further restrictions on bike design, modification and use.The European Ombudsman ( responsible for checking whether the EU is playing the game fairly ) recently found that the European Commission unjustifiably refused to answer Jon's queries or to supply official documents relating to a range of issues that will have a big impact on biking, eg; the changes to EU Type Approval, the potential for a Europe -wide super MOT test and development of safety technologies that could threaten biking as we know it. Jon has also asked to be shown the evidence in favour of EU proposals for random/ regular roadside inspections of motorcycles and for the Commission to show whether it has properly considered the liberty issues.ACTIONAll that is needed to show the authorities that there is genuine public concern about this, is for enough people reading this or hearing about it via us guys to contact the Ombudsman asking for copies of Jon's original complaint and the supporting documents. That will make sure the complaint wont get buried.GO HERE ; Ombudsman.europa.eu/shortcuts/contacts.facesQUOTE Ref ; 0875/2011/jf in your request, just asking for it will send the right message.The reason we need to do this are that the Ombudsman isn't totally convinced or supportive of Jon's efforts in trying to hold the Commission to account, he just needs some support from more members of the public i.e US!!So please carry out the simple email, re-post onto other forums you may be members on, this is the nitty gritty behind the scenes stuff that we dont see much of, the real campaigning by the likes of MAG etc, intelligent gentlemen who also happen to be bikers, taking the fight to the EU and picking loop holes with their oppresive ways.Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 331 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption