Driving Licence - Photo renewal

34 Posts | Latest reply on 22/05/2011 13:48:39 by Rattay | Go to original / last post
DaftUn's Profile
DaftUn

In: Preston
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've just been notified that my driving licence is due to expire - I didn't even realise there was an expiry date on it Confused   It's going to cost me £20 for the privilege of having to provide an upto date photo . . . .   Angry  and if I don't, then it's a hefty fine.   Oh well, good excuse for a hair cut eh lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Do you have a recent passport photo DaftUn?    If so do your licence online and they'll use the same one.    Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Lol mine is due next year ... Good job really as I don't look anything like how I did 10 years ago lol

Didn't realise you had to pay for it tho and I am in a lose lose situation as my passport runs out at same time :-(                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its darn stupid we have to pay again aint it Confused - i only noticed it runs aout a while ago and most peeps i have mentioned it to didnt even realise either!!
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

will have to chek mine lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Since I haven't move house for over 30 years, I still have a paper green one which lasts until I'm 70. So I think I did the right thing in not replacing it.                                                                                                                                                                              
DaftUn's Profile
DaftUn

In: Preston

@ Weirdoraptor - thank you I've just tried the online option as only renewed my passport last year - its still asking for £20 Confused   Will have to raid the piggy bank . . .                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cataraptor....paper ones are not legal over sea,s now and most people wont let you use them as ID..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yet another money making ploy....... Confused and who decided it was now illegal.. not me .. arrhhhhh.... if only anarchy could truly work ....

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

a lot of people dont realise that they have to renew the new style licence every ten yrs...so will be sticking with my green paper one for as long as poss                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cant fault you shoei or cata.... best plan if you ask me!!!... mind you cant say i will be sad to see me photo replaced as its not the best ever hahahaha LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think I should have a direct link to the DVLA the amount of times I move house and have to change my licence, car docs, bike docs etc.

wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

You could always ask them to update your address to your mums place or whatever and give em a new picture to go with it. They will do this for free, then a few weeks later jut move address again back to yours.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

I've been abroad many times by bike and even hired cars using my paper licence so its legality or lack of isn't a problem. And I use a passport for ID. So I won't be changing it for a while yet.                                                                                                                                                                              
mr t's Profile
mr t

In: North Wales

Dont forget to photocopy your old licence if you need to send it all back                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

like ur thinking WB Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

Thanks BJ . mr T DVLA will not accept photocopies as proof, but you can pay them £5 and they will supply all info thats on your licence.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

ive reacently moved house and ive still got the euro licence no photo . does that mean i gotto pay em £20 to renew the address or are these photo ones voluntary  ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

Regarding photocopies, if you take your paper licence to a solicitor who will photocopy it for you and swear an affidavit before you send it off, DVLA have to accept it as evidence. That costs £20 or so but may well be worth it for peace of mind. It wouldn't hurt to send a note saying you've done this with your application.
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

WN the change of address is free of charge but you will have to upgrade to a photo licence to have it done and as far as I'm aware they will not charge for the upgrade. This link tells you what to do http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022088

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6851 seconds. There are 379 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption