Taking the plunge!

119 Posts | Latest reply on 15/05/2011 12:15:26 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

HRC go you lady xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

cheers peeps

xx

Big smile

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Nice one lady I am sure you will do fine ...

Hey does this mean I will have a riding buddy local soon ... getting sick of a certain lady saying 'this year' Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Thumbs Up Hope so Shell,  and I'll be looking for tips and advice                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thumbs Up  sounds good .... Jackie is always whimping outta doing her CBT 

**runs away & hides cos Jackie hits harder than me**                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Big day tomorrow

getting a bit nervous now

I know it's not a test but I still need to get through it successfully                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

All the  best HRC look forward to hearing you shouting with excitement very soon.   You will be whizzing around like Karey does on Ziggy very soon.   (me a bully what ever do people mean)                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Enjoy tomorrow HRC soon you will be bimbling about  like everyone else xxx   love Nut xxx                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Big smile

RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton

Go for it HRC.  Good luck and enjoy it!                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Hmmm
today wasn't to be the dayCry

BUT back next week to try and finish off and actually get out on the road

had a slow motion fall - luckily nothing hurt (just lost confidence) but I got back on, just didn't manage to get enough done to feel safe out on the road 

oh and I hurt the bike (bent the clutch lever when it fell)Embarrassed

just really disappointed in myself for letting nerves and panic get the better of me.  

AND to make it worse I was the only female in a group of 8 people and the oldest, and all the others, apart from one who turned up with a brand new £3000 bike, had ridden before, even the 2 17 year olds who were on mopeds today and one guy there just doing a renewal CBT - his third time, coz he's not bothered about taking a test

ah well.....not going to give up now Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry u didn't quite make it this week HRC. When I did mine I found it easier once I got out on the road. The slow stuff in the yard is hard. Sure you'll get through next week, then the fun starts lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Hey I bet they all admired you, and LR's right, the slow stuffs harder in the yard. You did your best and thats all that matters, next week you will have your certificate HRC, and then the open road is yours...  xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
meerkat's Profile
meerkat

In: hull

good luck hrc x                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Right HRC....you need a right big pep talk hun from a girly who took countless sessions having to go back before I finally got my CBT. I must have dropped the bike 3 or 4 times and cracked ribs one time. At one stage I just lay on the floor crying and asked my instructor if I was being completely ridiculous even wanting this.....he told me to get up & stop being daft lol You will get there if you want it enough I'm enjoying my riding so much now but it's just tons harder getting started for some folk than for others. Fact....but when we get there hun it's sooo exhilerating and worth it. pm me if you want to moan xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
paneurojim's Profile
paneurojim

In: glasgow

hi HRC Im a old time biker so just stay in there it is worth it it the end for me if I do not hit the road on my bike so you go for it if it 6 times so wat go for itHug                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Thanks 

I'm not giving up, just been slightly delayed LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

HRC .. when i did my CBT i wouldn't go out on the road first time, either, even tho my instructor said he wouldn't let me out if he didn't think I was capable...   but i just didn't feel confident.   But the following week I had an hour round the cones etc again, then took the plunge and went out on the road............. Absolutely loved it!!! Big smile   I shot off with instructor and a 17yr old on his scoot, behind me.  I had to keep pulling in and waiting for them..haha   You will be fine.. once you get out there, you have the instructor covering your back and generally looking after you, and i gaurantee you will love it.       I had a massive grin on my face when i got back..and am like that everytime me an my little 125, Ziggy, go outThumbs Up   Like CG says..she 'bullied me'  in a nice way and got me to do my CBT and I haven't looked back.   Now you know what it's like, the next time you will be fineHug                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

HRC you have heard from everyone and hope you don't feel so down, not everyone does it 1st time round and it's nothing to feel bad about, you will be a safer rider in the long run by knowing your limitations and working on them rather than ignoring them, you really will.

HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

Unhappy 
nope, not this time either! 
Think I stressed myself out too much, ended up with banging headache and wobbling all over the place. Couldn't even get round the cones today, which I managed fine last week.

Advice from bike school was to have another go next week (don't have to pay again) on an automatic moped so I'm not worrying about clutch control & gears as well as everything else and just get out on the road and get my certificate and I can still get a geared bike afterwards anyway.

I refuse to give up though!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5703 seconds. There are 473 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption