Giving up

67 Posts | Latest reply on 06/08/2010 23:24:55 by madhat | Go to original / last post
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

good luck ann ..... my daughter stopped a month a go and is doing great...she had the patches but doesnt use them now...think it the frame of mind ya in when ya stop.....and I am thinking of stopping to just need to get in that frame of mind too                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

What would you buy with your extra dosh?

Buy a little run-about and come and play out with us !!!  Thumbs Up  I know someone who might be selling one  Big smile

Big hug tho gal - u got the support of all ur mates and then some !!

xxxx

brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Seeing my parents smoke put me off for life, however my father had been smoking for about 50 years and he's recently stopped after he developed lung cancer and part of one of his lungs was removed.  Seems to have put him off for some reason!!  I just hope none of you smokers will get to that stage, 3 months on after the operation, he's still in pain

thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

In: Boston

I gave up years ago, my therapy was to get a mouth organ and try learning to play it when the urge to smoke hit me, apparently I was also as miserable as sin, for a few months, years on and i am smoke free, not so miserable but never learnt to play the mouth organ.

It is worth it, no matter what you go through.

Good luck. Hug

GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

If you'd succeeded with the moothie would you only have played the blues anyway Hairy? haha                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

At least we all know why JP is so bad-tempered now!  Great advice about changing the routine johnny, it is all habit and only a small part craving which, as you say, disappears much sooner than the behaviour side of it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I gave up years ago, my therapy was to get a mouth organ and try learning to play it when the urge to smoke hit me, apparently I was also as miserable as sin, for a few months, years on and i am smoke free, not so miserable but never learnt to play the mouth organ. It is worth it, no matter what you go through.   PML I bet you were hell to live with, if not grumpy then driving folks mad with the racket from your mouth organ Wink LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I quit six years best thing i ever did. Feel so much better. I read that book how to stop smoking the easy way. Helped alot. Good luck and stick it out.                                                                                                                                                                               
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Wow thanks for all that ( just got in from work ) I AM GONNA DO IT !!!!Thumbs Up  and start saving up for my R8... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

R8? Yea you'll be R8 M8 lol                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

the audi type  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

In: north yorkshire

hiya all i can say is if you really wanna quit smoking you will, i started when i was 12 trying to think i was cool lol has you do, i got the patchs only used them for a week and ive never looked back that was over 4yrs ago, i smoked 40 a day i tryed to quit many times but the last time i wanted to quit and i did Smile just take one day at a time and good luck x
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

go for it anny good luck sweetheart Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

I started smoking at 15 and carried on until i found out i was pregnant, then stopped until the day after my son was born lol

Gave up again lasted 3 years then my sister died unexpectedly and i started again.

Gave up again and then my Dad passed away and yep you guessed it started again, that was 8 years ago and yes i have thought about giving up again but am a firm believer that no amount of pressure can make you stop only you can when your ready too
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

and I do Jackie .......so  I AM   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Good luck lady and once you have saved enough money i shall buy you a wee congats pressie :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've packed in at various times ... and lasted times ranging from 2 years to 6 months.

I smoke cos I like to ......... yeah you might die, but FFS you ride a bike, more chance of getting flattened by a car or having an accident than the chance of getting cancer.

Are you stopping because you really want to or because you feel you should? ........... a big difference and that makes it difficult mentally                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

I want too  SF   has been a long time coming really  ....... now in the frame of mind  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

I have just bought my last packet of cigs ........ gulp  Confused Big day tomorrow Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Good Luck Mrs, remember you're giving up one cigarette at a time and a day at a time. It's not such a big challenge to yourself as saying 'I'm never going to smoke again' Little steps eh? You will succeed! Hug                                                                                                                                                                                  

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 311 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption