Rossi to make Sachsenring decision on Wednesday

12 Posts | Latest reply on 19/07/2010 14:54:14 by invalid characters | Go to original / last post
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

After completing a second test at Brno on Monday the Italian will undergo further X-rays on Wednesday, when a decision will be taken on whether or not he will participate at the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland this weekend.   Valentino Rossi completed a test ride at the Brno circuit on Monday on board a YZF-R1 world superbike machine, as he and the Fiat Yamaha team made further assessments of the Italian’s current physical condition. Ending the test having completed 46 laps and with a best time in the 1’59.1 region the World Champion reported that he felt less pain than he had done following last Wednesday’s outing at Misano, which was his first time back on two wheels since he fractured his right tibia at Mugello at the start of June. “I’m very happy with how it went, I felt much better than in Misano – last week was pretty hard but I feel better and better and we have had five days between those two tests. This time my knee and shoulder didn’t hurt as much,” said Rossi on Monday evening. A decision on whether the 31 year-old will make his competitive return at Sachsenring this weekend will be made on Wednesday, after he has X-rays to measure the stage of the recovery of the fracture in his right leg. “Now I’ll have to wait to take a decision on Wednesday after we have some X-rays as to whether I race or not in Germany. Doing a full race will be a different story, but I still have another couple of days to get a bit better,” commented Rossi. “Racing in the next two races would be important in order to be in good shape in Brno (on August 15th), however I think we’ll have to wait until Misano (on September 5th) to be fully competitive.” Rossi completed a series of runs on board the YZF-R1, which was prepared for the reigning MotoGP World Champion by the Yamaha WSB team, and his final assessment of how he felt was encouraging. “Riding the YZF-R1 was good fun, I have to thank the team for preparing the bike for me,” he stated. “We had to work a bit on my leg before checking the bike set-up. It went well and I managed some good lap times, it’s a good way to get back into action.” motogp.com will bring you news on the decision of Rossi and the Fiat Yamaha team when an official announcement is made. From Motogp.com   Will Rossi make a proper recovery?   He has managed to be major accident free for most of his career.  Will this one alter his attitude to racing and stop him pushing quite as hard as we are used to seeing?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

I hope he is back feels weird watching without him in it and doesnt seem to be half as exciting ...... or is that just me ???                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Hmm, WSB title attempt next year ?LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

He'd win WSB easy.                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

Update:   Valentino Rossi will make his return to action at this weekend’s eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, provided he receives clearance on Thursday from the Chief Medical Officer at Sachsenring. Just six weeks after suffering a fractured right tibia at Mugello the Italian rider’s Fiat Yamaha team confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that the 31 year-old and his medical team have decided that after four races out he is now ready to make his comeback. Test rider Wataru Yoshikawa, who stood in for Rossi at the previous round in Catalunya, will be again be ready to take the Italian’s place if needed. "I'm really excited that my doctors think I can ride this weekend,” said Rossi, who has completed two private tests in the last week – at Misano last Wednesday and at Brno on Monday – to assess his level of fitness and comfort. “Tomorrow I will see the medical officer and then we will have the final decision.” He continued: “I felt good on the R1 but I know my M1 at the track is a different thing and it will be hard for me, but I miss my bike and my team and I want to try. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the paddock; I was tired of being at home! Wataru will be there as well so if there is a problem he will ride my bike again." Rossi’s Team Manager Davide Brivio added: "Valentino has made big effort to be ready to race in Sachsenring this weekend. He really wanted to be back riding his M1 as soon as he could and so he's worked hard to make his recovery as quick as possible. We expect him to take a couple of races to be up to speed and competitive at the top after his injury, but it's very nice to see him back with us." from motogp.com   If he races I reckon a top five is still possible.                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

brill news can't wait                                                                                                                                                                              
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Valentino Rossi cleared to make return in Germany

MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has been cleared to make a  return at Sunday's German MotoGP.

The Italian seven-time world champion fractured his right shin at Mugello on 5 June, an injury expected to rule the 31-year-old out for six months.

However, the chief medical officer for the Sachsenring race said on Thursday the Fiat Yamaha rider is fit to race.

"Valentino Rossi has been officially cleared to ride at this weekend's German Grand Prix," said Fiat Yamaha.

"He was examined by the chief medical officer for this event, Dr Huber Fischer, who found him fit enough to compete this weekend."

Rossi, who has been sidelined for the past four races, was determined to return to racing as soon as possible after his accident during the Italian MotoGP.

In his absence, team-mate Jorge Lorenzo has opened up a 52-point lead over fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa in the championship standings.

Rossi, who has been linked with a move to Ducati for the 2011 campaign, lies in seventh place in the championship, 104 points off the lead with 11 races remaining. 

Waaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MotoGP will be worth watching again !!!!! lol
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

just watching qualies and rossi has got a new camera on the back of his bike. As the bike leans the camera stays level. appears to be on a gimble. fantastic shots and shows how far over the bike is going.                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I love that new camera too Blues - fab innit!!!!

Can't wait for the race today!  5th on the grid - not bad eh?!!  Heehee

poseidon_2011's Profile
poseidon_2011

In: Plymouth

Legend, its that simple :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

All i can say is WOW and o yes i hate Casey Stoner lol                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Yes but BJ, wasn't Rossi "milking it" just a bit by using a crutch, when clearly a stick would have done the job.Wink>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 812 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption