Advanced Uploader - Please use it!

60 Posts | Latest reply on 02/07/2010 09:40:55 by anneka56 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Certainly wouldn't use off-site photo storage!  Doesn't allow me to manipulate, resize etc in my code.  Also, it's VERY bad internet practice to rely on information stored on other websites - just think if one of them sites went down! Neal - it works in ANY browser that supports Java (i.e ALL browsers).  Just try it out.   Hull, I'm gonna change it so it uploads one at a time and in order.  It wont have much effect on performance and if anything might even help those with dinosaur PCs.   Descriptions aren't meant to be life stories either!  It's a quick word or two thats all.   Albums don't need renaming - get it right the first time, it's very simple.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok it's sorted... photos now upload in order and you can select up to 100 at a time (up to the limit of the album and your account type).                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I uploaded several pics a few days ago and it worked brilliantly for me, loaded in a few seconds... no hassles at all - maybe my computer was having a good day......?!  Either way I think I'm one of a few who are happy with it *thumbs up* boss man
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I use chrome and don't have any problems ....... sod firefox, its got too bloated and slow now                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Is there any chance you can sort an uploaded that works with the iPhone???

I used to be able to upload direct from my blackberry however now I have an iPhone I have to transfer to my pc then upload to site :-( no good to do pics actually at an event
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

bump - for anyone not sure of uploading & resizing their Barmouth Pics Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sorry Shell I missed your post before.   iPhones are basically the devil of internet devices and you should throw it away.  And any other shit Apple product you have.   It will never work on iPhones because Apple have their own dream for the internet which isn't compatible with the rest of the world's technology manufacturers.   Java has been one of the founding/core technologies of internet design for about 16 years... but iPhones don't support Java.  Nor do they support the Microsoft ActiveX applet (Which works in Internet Explorer).   Don't forget you can't use FLASH either on iPhones!  Oh how Apple love to restrict everything on their devices.   The solution?  Never buy an Apple product until Apple learn to respect their buyers and the existing internet infrastructure and website designs.   It's going to be a sad world if people keep falling for the massive marketing campaigns of Apple, buying their junk products all the time and each time taking the internet backwards a step.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Yes I fully agree Matt, I dont have a clue what the hell your on about but I agree anyway. just wish people would not bang on about how good stuff is untill I get talked into buying one in a shop then thay all say how crap thay are lol. trouble is matt there are people like me out there who have to take advice from shops and we know stuff all about it so end up buying the junk                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So you're a big Apple fan then Matt? LOLTo expand a bit on what Matt said, Apple (or more specifically Jobs) wants every iPhone app to come from the Apple store so that they can keep full control over it. Any platform which would let you run web based apps (Java/Flash/ActiveX/Silverlight) will never be officially supported on the iPhone.It can be done if you "jailbreak" it, but you could end up with a totally non-functional ("bricked") phone.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ipod (apple specific)=mp3 player(90% of music tracks format)
iphone (apple specific)=android phone (everything an iphone does plus more)

nuff said                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Absolutely agree!   Apple have some fantastic designers working for/with them and do produce some gorgeous projects but talk to anybody in the design business and they will tell you what an obnoxious jerk Steve Jobs is.   There was a queue of about 50 people outside an O2 shop on Saturday waiting to purchase their iPhone4 which was to be released that day (to existing O2 owners only!). I was tempted to show them my Android which does everything their iPhone4 will do and more and to be honest, which the iPhone should have been able to do since day one!!   Apple's marketing strategy sucks!!!   i.e. drip feed the consumers their 'new' developments bit by bit and make them keep upgrading their products.   As for iPods, don't get me started!!                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Right .......my pics are on my profile cos i downloaded j.peg resizer  and then couldn't find where the damn thing was!!!!!!! I really must get my head round this technology thingy  Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

psst... if anybody wants to make anneka burn hear ear, ring her while she is ironing! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

LOL not quite THAT bad ...........
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I don't think Apple deserves such criticism for its marketing policies when you look at the aggressive way in which Microsoft works. Apple probably wants to keep control of the software used on its products to keep them out. I'm conservative about these fancy devices and currently have a Blackberry which seems to do all I want it to without too many bells and whistles to confuse the issue. I can access my favourite forums on it providing I can get a signal which is currently its main drawback. I'll get an i-Phone when the technology is fully tried and tested.

Oh, and I've tried to use the bulk uploader, using the link to Java which says all OS X Macs are Java enabled and it's been as much use as a chocolate teapot. Anyway I thought Java was West of Krakatoa and we know what happened there! I highlight all the pics I wanted to upload, clicked on upload and nothing happened with no indication that anything was happening or waiting to happen. Hence, I'll continue to use the simple uploader, thank you. Even that can suffer problems if I try to upload more than 5 pics when it throws up errors and I have to start again.  
Matt's Profile
Matt

Anneka, you don't need to use the old resizing application if you use the Advanced Uploader, it does it all for you when you hit the upload button  :-) Cat, I'm not going to go on about Apple anymore as I think people already know how much I hate the company.  Don't ever get an iPhone though, unless you like games and funky apps.  No idea why it doesn't work for you, works for others (even with Apple Macs).  It's just java.  Try disabling some virus scanners, popup blockers etc and things that interfere with a websites design in order to "protect" you (whilst disabling functionality)                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Ive used the advanced uploader several times now ... and cant get over how easier and quicker it is ... esp when you take as many pics as me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Sorry to be a pain about this............but where the hell is the advanced uploader ????? anyone have an idiot guide ?? please    Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

helllllllllllllllllllllllllp......                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

please................................... will someone tell me  where it is  and how i use it  and i promise i will shut up about it     Big smile  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 383 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption