Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging

57 Posts | Latest reply on 12/08/2010 05:22:49 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

People are increasingly using Firefox though. It seems to have a better reputation than internet explorer among those who know about these things. It sound like the current arrangement isn't compatible and if this site doesn't keep up with changes, people will stop using it....not that I have a problem with IM
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

but if it makes it easier and faster then thats got to be better surley                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
63% Karma63% Karma 63% Karma63% Karma

works ok as it is for me please no more changes Mat                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

On another note, it's good to look back at events that you have been too where others have taken pics of you in situations, you cannot always see on your attended list all the past events you were at however in your tagged photos album you can see pics that you would not be able to without trying to trawl through all the past events.
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

All i ask is that the tagging bar be bigger so it covers more of my butt !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
clarissa's Profile
clarissa

In: Tell you later

my vote is with you Matt Thumbs Up tagging had its place, let's move on Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

well this is an old topic that has been revived today, just so you're all aware lol.   And tagging would still be possible, just not exactly where you are on the foto.  So u could say ur in the foto, but the tag above ur head would be removed now (replaced with a list of names below the pic of who's in it).   So you'd still be able to see which pics you've tagged urself in, just others wont be able to see which person in the pic is u - unless it's just one person.   Those of you who it works fine for now - thats cos u use IE.  I need to make it work better for those who dont use IE                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Mmmmm means i can make someone else be me wahooooo .......... now were did i put that yeti !!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I still say keep the tagging as it is now, its so much better to see exactly who is who                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I don't use IE and probably never will. I would rather make a pact with the Devil than use Microsoft products when there are viable alternatives. I am also comfortable with how the events photos and tagging work now and have no wish to relearn how to post pics, etc. So please, LEAVE IT BE!!!!!
smokey_1_uk's Profile
smokey_1_uk

In: Watford
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I never use IE myself. I find Firefox to be more stable and reliable. in my opinion the tags are too big and in some of the group photos actually cover the person its meant to be :-)
I agree with Matt where it might be better to have a thumbnail and by clicking on it get all the info you need.

And BJ you can run but you will never be able to hide :-) we could never confuse you for a yeti
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Size of my butt hiding is really not an option !!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think its fine how it is.... I use IE6 and firefox....best of both worlds or is that just too difficult........... just checked with the control police and its true .... you are allowed to have two diferent browsers (or more) on your pc at one time (at the momement.....) perhaps someone should called for it to be banned like everything else........                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

So you'd still be able to see which pics you've tagged urself in, just others wont be able to see which person in the pic is u - unless it's just one person

Whats the point ? You May as well have just done away with tagging all together Matt! 

The whole point of tagging was to be able to tell who was who in a picture, to have it just as a list at the bottom is just as bad as not having the tags there at all. 

May as well not bother tagging cos a year down the line your still going to be looking back & going oh yeah now who was he, what was her name on a group shot, as people do wonder in & out of the site.

You asked for opinions on here & most of the replies seemed to ask for it to be left, but you are going to ignore that, brush what the paying members want away & change it ... why ?? 

I understand that some members can have issues with it, but even those with firefox have said in here that it works for them.

If its not broken why are you trying to fix it!                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Update, on my last posting.   Not everyone who attends an event who has their photo added to the calendar tags themselves, so identification isn't easy, also we now have BikerMatch merchandise, t shirts & hoodies etc, where those who wear the gear can be recognised easily when at a gathering so that tagging isn't quite as important as it was before.   Yes, I still would like to see photos tagged, even if we have a gallery instead, but folk aren't really using the tag so it's probably a case of 'use it or lose it'.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

But not everyone has a T shirt Kwak & after paying to be a member on the site £14 is steep to add as an aditional expence just so they can tell who someone is on the day of a meet up...   Plus in a group shot you may still not be able to see who is who or remember 12 months down the line...   Sorry but I stand by my initial statement ... please keep tagging, especially for us older ones who do not have so good a memory after a sleep or two                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Shell  you and Mr P  are  the most photographed on the site  Lol   everyone knows who you are  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

£14?! for a PRIMARK t shirt? I'm glad I don't wear t shirts.                                                                                                                                                                                 
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

they wash and wear  better than a lot of high street designer  shop ones do !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

toples mods hmmmm eeeeekkk lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 356 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption