Tan Hill 14th June

66 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2009 21:18:19 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Now I know it's only recently that we went to Tan Hill, but at the end of today's "Disorganised Chaos" ride out (brilliant by the way, cheers Dugald), a few people mentioned they'd never been.   Suddenly it was therefore agreed that we'll meet XK (and whoever) at Richmond next Sunday and have a ride to Tan Hill.   I'll post it up on the events with a suggested meeting time of 11.30 in Richmond aiming to get to Tan Hill around 12.30/13.00. (Please note they stop serving meals at 14.30.)   We'll be taking a nice route from Pontefract/Squires area if anyone wants to tag along, leaving at 9.30.  This will be a nice route but part of it is liable to be on motorway for time.   Any thoughts?  Is 11.30 at Richmond ok?                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

yaaaayyyy Thanks Geoff Big smile May have to scab a lift for this one though - IF my bike's working by then am not sure I fancy riding all the way up there (yet!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Sounds good Geoff....but not Learner Friendly then? Disapprove   Anyone got a spare pilly seat?                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

It's a long way hun.  Ok, it's only slightly further than Whitby, but a 125 route would really have to go through Harrogate and Ripon which would be a long ride. If you make your way to Squires, I am sure we can sort you a pillion seat, even if that means little legged me lol!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I will be pilly with Ian ... That's if we can find some place to store the crutches lmao.

Needless to say not sure if we will make it ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

My bike is still in the garage and not likely to have it back by then...Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
tb500's Profile
tb500

In: heckmondwike
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

dont think i can make this one as yet                                                                                                                                                                              
napoleon's Profile
napoleon

In: wirral

Hi Geoff,   Great idea. Hope to be able to come but will confirm later.                                                                                                                                                                             
napoleon's Profile
napoleon

Could we go somewhere and have a BBQ?   Those picnic ones in foil containers are not bad. Sausages etc dont take up too much room and if the weather is good , we could all enjoy the sun set.   Or.. there might be a pub that would put on a barbie for us.   Please discuss!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Napoleon, you're a genius! I think the issue with keeping stuff "fresh" etc may be problematic, so therefore prob better to have something arranged, but a great idea all the same Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I'm in awe of your genius napoleon Clap   Pub meals are always an option if it rains Thumbs Up   Come on peeps what are we waitin for Question   Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

oooooo...BAR-BE-QUE!!!!! ...where's Geoff?? Richard - promise you wont get lost again??? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'll bring some string...Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Bungee cord might be better XK!                                                                                                                                                                                 
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

This is on the events now.   Barbeque???  Brilliant idea ... getting something arranged with a pub may be difficult now, but there should be room for a couple of those disposable things and some sausages I'm sure.                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

If we're serious about a BBQ (although I'm not sure the weather is going to be good enough on Sun, 13 degrees in Penrith but closer to 20 in Leeds) then I've got a coolbag that (I think) will fit in a topbox which should keep some bangers etc fresh enough.                                                                                                                                                                                 
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Hmm, maybe 13 degrees isn't quite barbeque weather anyway Cry. Maybe I'll try and reserve a decent sized table at Tan Hill instead? What do people think?                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

tempting but im up squires friday hopefully to meet emma.....                                                                                                                                                                             
napoleon's Profile
napoleon

HFG , XK & Roachy,   I promise not to get lost again. Can you believe that someone in the middle of the ride line can get seperated.(silly billy me )    Def fancy being tied up with some bungee.!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
napoleon's Profile
napoleon

Re . BBQ.   We can always do last minute shopping for food. Shops will be open till 4.00pm                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 362 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption