I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d

46 Posts | Latest reply on 10/10/2008 19:53:40 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awwwww feck, thanks Rose,  Hug xxxx and Scooby, thanks for that.  I really could do wiv someone taking me out, but I needta get a bike first.  Not sure abart the big one, mite havta mek do wiv a little old 125 for a cuppla yrs lol   I can't beleive the support I've had on here, you lot are brilliant.. its jus a CBT that lotsa ppl have done but to me it was a huge step ..and something I've had my heart on achieving for ages.. I'm still grinning... ant bloody stopped yet !! heheheLOL                                                                                                                                                                               
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

WELL DONE GIRL! X PROUD OF YA!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up Well done, Karey!!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up Hope it was fun....                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I've been riding for thirty years (must be getting tired by now) I've not done a CBT so be proud. Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers TC.. it was great fun ! Big smileBig smile   Blues, I am sooo proud of misen, wish it was mi proper bike test, but one step at a time eh?Big smileBig smile   Jim...thank u for all your help and for talkin me thro stuff..and for lending me the book and DVD, (tho i never got the DVD working..lol)  Thanks agen !Big smileBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hey well done!  Congratulations you!   Not gonna read all 4 pages just now, but im glad you got your CBT and hope you have a lot of fun on the road.   x                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Thanks Matt! Wuddent expect u to, you're way tooo busy, wiv servers lol!  X Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Congrats on passing Karey.  Now get out there and have fun, but stay safe!   Cassie & Blueboy                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Heyyy thanks Blue and Cassie !!   Hoping to bike upto the O'Groats rally next year.........errrr..yehh rite !  lol   Mind ya.. who knows?  the furthest travelled, this year,  were two young lads from Essex..on 125's !!!  hehe   Hope u two are fit and well tek care xx                                                                                                                                                                              
Yammydodger's Profile
Yammydodger

In: Buckie

well done hun! stick with it it's worth it XX                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Thanks Yam !  I can't wait to get out on the open road wiv all u lot ! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

you are amazing kaz,sooooooooo proud of you sis XXXXXXX                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Awwww Tracey....thank u !  (((HUGS)))  xxxxxxxxxxxx Your turn next !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Well done Karey.   You'll have to tell me all about it as it's something I'm giving serious consideration to, (all this after only being on the back of a bike less than 10 times after swearing you'd never get me on the back of one!).   I'm totally clueless about it all, did you have a go before doing it, do any training, just do it?? I can ride a pushbike but that's my limitation on two wheels, never even had a go on a scooter/moped.   I'll stop now before I take over your thread.   Very well done again!                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hi Roachy, and thank u!Thumbs Up   I had NEVER ridden a bike, not even switched one one, but I have done a fair bit of pillioning, and have been driving for 25yrs.   I went the first time in Sept, and had a full day learning. We did some basic equipments talks, safety talks, a bit of highway code, and then they showed us the controls of the bikes and how to take them on/off the stands and wheel them.   We were then shown how to start them and, in my case, how to select 1st gear ( all the others were on scooters ) and then ride in a straight..ish line to get the feel of the bike.   We moved on to left and right turns, riding round cones, U turns, simulated junctions, etc.  It took a while to get used to riding and I couldn't get my brain to engage throttle/clutch and go!  lol   It was good fun, tho I didn't feel confident enuff to go out in traffic, Glyn ( the instructor ) said i would be fine, he had total confidence in me, but i was apprehensive, so they sed i could come back another day, and another and another, as long as it took, and it wuddent cost me any more. ( The CBT cost me £95)   So... I went back for the 2nd time ( see page 1 of this thread )  and i loved it!   The CBT lasts for 2yrs, so I can ride a 125cc with L plates.  If you want to go on and do your test, you will need to take a theory test, then do some training and the test.   Hope this helps!  If you want any more advice, let me know.. or start a new thread on here,  you will get lots of help and advice, the ppl on here are brilliant !   Tek care Kaz x                                                                                                                                                                             
diamondsabre's Profile
diamondsabre

In: kent

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!Clap its such a lovely feeling and you have achieved the first milestone so be proud girlie!!!!!!! i know how you feel, i can see that big grin on your face!! lol Its been a nearly two months since i got my CBT and i love riding around on my ikkle Kawasaki Eliminator!! although i will say this, i was like you in thinking that i would be ok with my 125 for two years, but im already thinking i need something more meaty and more powerful!!! Two Months In!!!! Just enjoy yourself and get your two wheels as soon as you can! you will love it! Riding up front is much better!! lol take care and well done again!! yeyheyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Big cheers for you!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers DS!  I'm still grinning like a giddy kipper !! Big smile   I'm looking for bikes all the time on ebay/biketrader/local ads, just can't afford the prices they're askin.  I like the Eliminator, but not sure my ikkle legs are long enuff...i know my bloody arse is big enuff tho Cry               heheh                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers DS!  I'm still grinning like a giddy kipper !! Big smile   I'm looking for bikes all the time on ebay/biketrader/local ads, just can't afford the prices they're askin.  I like the Eliminator, but not sure my ikkle legs are long enuff...i know my bloody arse is big enuff tho Cry   heheh   I will keep lookin, but i know wot u mean abart wanting sumfin bigger after a while, but for now, i jus wanna get usedta the roads and traffic.   I'll get one.. eventually ! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Paul's Profile
Paul

In: Littleborough

:) I'm doing my CBT This friday wooo riding 50cc scooter atm and then 125cc when im 17 :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Yayyyyy Good Luck Paul !Thumbs Up  and Welcome to BM ! Just listen to what the instructor tells you and ask if you're not sure about anything.   Enjoy your day!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 759 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption