Scones

17 Posts | Latest reply on 05/07/2020 10:29:04 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Didn't we just do this one?                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Yes, it was called 'Cream Tea Debate.' Why did you ask?                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

To point out the fact that we have just done this topic. So, why not?

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

It's like deja vu,again..😨                                                                                                                                                                             
MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

The other one was about Cream Tea and Jam or Cream first, So we haven't done Scones per se. ;-)
It could be how they are pronounced, Scon or Scowwn.

Or maybe not. Yawn.
Thank goodness lockdown is ending and we can get out on the bikes..                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Methinks you're all mad, mad I say, Maaaad!

Eat cake, especially Victoria sponge or lemon drizzle 😊👍🏻                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I think MB has the right idea although all the cake etc. eaten during lock down hasn't been helpful for the power to weight ratio in my case!

D6 I only asked as yours is the first post in the thread or am I being a bit dense?                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Forgive me if this sounds a bit pedantic but I was always under the (possibly wrong) impression that cream teas consisted of jam, cream and, oh my gosh, scones! accompanied by the hot beverage of personal taste.
I know I come from a place very close to the shire but even in the midlands, Warwickshire being the epicentre of the universe and by that logic the greatest place in the universe to hail from, but I have had my fair share of 'cream teas' in both Cornwall and Devon, and scones did in fact feature quite consistantly in both variations.
Now I know that in some of the more affluent, (or should it be effluent?) parts of the country, cream teas consist of strawberries and fresh cream with champers or pims, but that level of decadency has always been, and always will remain, a realm out of my league.
So, I propose we form a lynch mob and put the proposer of the thread in the stocks for the demonic crimes of confusing the multitudes. Now before everyone gets on my case for the imaginary offense of inciting violence, the stocks will be constructed from firm but very soft foam with an adjustble height facility so as to cause as little discomfort to the 'criminal' as possible.
Now where did I put that weeble?

Oh yes, as an aside, do the cream teas of Somerset get included in this debate, or is that part of the country inconsequential? They also serve scones with their 'cream teas' too.
I think that just about covers it, unless I have been remiss in not mentioning the world famous Glasgow 'cream teas', which I believe are not served with scones......or jam.....or cream.......or even tea!
MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
So, I propose we form a lynch mob and put the proposer of the thread in the stocks f..
$
That person was you double six!                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

That's what I thought MB?                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Mike biker you are talking out your arse. Shut up until you have the facts and something relevant to say. Idiot.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Vstrom, you took your time retorting and then you had to cling onto someone elses shirt tail.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I don't need to cling onto anyone's shirt tails thanks. I didn't reply initially as I assumed there was a post missing from my chain that I didn't get for some reason and maybe you didn't start this chain. If I had thought you were just being an arse I would have replied straight away!!!
Double six's Profile
Double six

Well give the man a cigar, I didnt start the thread, the initial post was deleted.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Well we got there in the end!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If the numpty that started the thread hadnt deleted his or her post, and god knows why they did that, we would have got there in the beginning and had a calmer thread. It wasnt D6,s fault.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

True Yarg, but confusing for the rest of us nevertheless.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9258 seconds. There are 556 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption