Lockdown curious

14 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 08/07/2020 03:28:29 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hey guys! Just curious as a newbie from the frozen North.
Lockdown obviously hugely varied consequences depending on geography. Up here, north of the central belt, lots of bikers out and ignoring the five mile rule but, kudos to the bizzies, have seen no sign of anyone being hassled about being out and about. Just wondering if any different experience down South?
I know Boris the Spider has lifted distance restrictions this week but prior to that? Dave
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Everyone has lost the plot down here.
The "ooo listen to my can cos it shows how fast I am" brigade are upsetting the natives and holding up traffic, townies are clogging up the beauty spots and throwing litter about, the illiterate are camping out and setting fire to things and they all have no concept of social distancing.
But if you keep the noise down and avoid the crowds its pretty damned good 😈
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well, good thing so far is that weekdays the backroads are near deserted. Downside is the usual watering holes.. including lavvies.. are closed up so it's flask and make yer own sarnies!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

From day one most of the neighbours, who live close to me, haven't changed their behaviour/ regular habits, of sitting in a group outside most of the day and into the evening. Even one daughter of a neighbour brought her new born baby to show to the group.

I got a letter yesterday, from the National Shielding Service, informing me that I no longer need to shield, and that I was previously identified, by the NHS, as someone who may be at risk of severe illness if I catch the virus.
News to me! I wasn't told.

Luckily, I didn't go out much, only for essentials, and I already sanitise my hands, and the shopping trollies, years before the virus arrived.

What I'd like to know is WHY am I not at risk anymore? My medical condition has not changed and won't, ever.
I wonder how many folk, who died because of the virus, were also at risk and didn't realise / weren't told.
MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

It's not that you are not at risk it's just that lockdown was being eased and when restrictions were first lifted there ws no change for the shielders and theere were new reports and articles in the media along the lines of "what about us". As the gubberment always seems to buckle to any sort of pressure the shielders were 'released' That's my take on it.

It's still out there and I think you should just regard it as the legal (nanny) restriction being lifted but to look after yourself pretty much as before but maybe a little more room for risk taking for life activities due to the lower rates of infection.

If you sanitised the shopping trollies years before the virus arrived I think they might need doing again. ;-)
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

WML 🀣 Mike, ya wally. I mean I've been sanitising, or is that satanising, for years. 😈                                                                                                                                                                             
MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

I know that, just my attempt at humour..                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I know you know that.
I know it was.πŸ™‚ πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Only about 4 hours to go before i completely ignore the fact that the pubs are open again..how times flies,as will the glasses at chucking out (up?) time..wonder which major centre of population will be the first on 10 o'clock news? hmmm...:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds

Well it won't owt to do with me matey that's for sure! Staying home n drinking tea atm 😊. Unless I get a better offer, then I'll be going elsewhere and drinking tea πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds

Well it didn't take long... 3 pubs; 3 different areas (Burnham-on-Sea in Somerset, Batley in West Yorkshire and Alverstoke in Hampshire) all have shut down due to customers having been tested POSITIVE for Coronavirus.

I wonder how many more will join the list? πŸ€”
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Broomhill in Sheffield had a queue out onto the road for the hospital yesterday. I assume it was people wanting tests for covid 19. Bloody niusance when you are trying to get a 40 tonner uphill on a narrowish road.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

155 good reasons not to go down the pub again today...time gentlemen please??                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Having spent Monday night in A&E/AAU it was reassuring to see the number of drunks/fighters, each with a pair of PC's, getting the polite and professional treatment from the wonderful NHS staff. I could smell the booze from my 2m distance, except when one sat on a taped off seat beside me and had to be moved!

Despite them having to deal with such idiots I couldn't fault my treatment with a head injury caused by a minor heart issue. Thanks again NHS (who incidentally get 1 face mask per 12 hour shift when they are apparently ineffective after 15 minutes!)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4961 seconds. There are 401 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption