Reporting Profiles

22 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 21/09/2020 21:28:23 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I'm sure most of you know that it's very easy to report a profile by just clicking on the "Report Profile" button.

If it's the main profile picture, a photo within the profile or what is wrote in the profile. It's easy for us to see and deal with.

However if you are reporting improper behaviour by another member, it's best to contact us directly with what the problem is, just hitting the report button isn't any good, because we will read the profile and check the photos and if there isn't anything wrong there the profile will be approved again.

Today we have had two profiles reported and both have been reported a few times. Now we don't know if they are spammers or if the person reporting them is doing it out of spite because they failed to respond to an advance.

So if you do report someone and their profile reappears and you think they should be off the site you need to give us more details.

I will not disable someone profile just because someone reported it.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Matt should go back to how the report form was. We could insert text to explain WHY we've reported it. Now it's just generic, no means of explaining, so it means we have to send email.

I only report profiles if their main pic isn't of them, but their bike etc, the pic is too dark, or too small, to see or if they have an email address, gun(s) or a pic of a child on their own.

A lot of profiles have main pics of bikes but they have been off line a long time. IMHO I think they should be removed, I get fed up, when I search, viewing profiles *without pics or with pics of bikes.

*Yes, I do select 'with pics' when I search
MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Yes there should be a form when clicking report profile to add descriptive text - must waste a lot of time trying to guess why. I've just reported one - seems like there are a lot of very beautiful women in Aberdeen wanting lifelong love especially with photos that don't seem to be taken in UK with foreign sockets, reg plates etc. Or maybe they are scam / catfish and AB was the first alphabetic combination of postcode that worked.
Knowing a lady someone that was taken in by such a catfish I'd hate it to happen to anyone one here.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Thanks for that Mike, someone else had already put me on to that one, Less that 30 minutes from them starting the profile to it being blocked. Thanks Lindsay
They do like postcodes with a 1 or a 2 in it. you'll be surprised with the amount of would be members that live in Whitehall.
I bet Boris didn't know about all the bikers that his got for neighbours
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

No worries Rags πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Again if you want to report a profile for anything more than the photos and something written within the script ie: they have asked for your email/money or anything else please contact us direct and not by the report button.

If you have a problem with another member because they didn't reply to you, Please don't report them repeatedly
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Ye just to say and note, I had the mysterious nod again. Received email and when I signed in BM and went to news feed and nods there was nothing.
Obviously a possible person joining then leaving behind spam nods?

Just thought I'd mention and say to people that if I receive nods I acknowledge and don't ignore.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

That's where they set the profile up and send out nods before one of the mods catches it and delete the spammer.
The nods go but the email sent to inform you doesn't.
So if you look at it that the sender is gone shows that we are getting them off the site quickly.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
That's where they set the profile up and send out nods before one of the mods catches it and delete the spammer.
The nods go but the email sent to inform you doesn't.
So if you look at it that the sen...

Thanks Ragnar for the info πŸ‘ Suppose it's sorts the wheat from the chaff                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yeah came across 'new member' this morning.. Kaileyqueen? Hit report but no option to add info or suspicions. If that profile is real then I'm a monkey's uncle! Then again.. I probably am! :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Just looked that one up and Wills as already disabled it, However the ones I'm talking about are the ones that start asking for details like your email or money, the report button doesn't tell us that, so this is why I'm asking members to PM or email us with the username
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Still a few on here who can't be bothered to fill in profile.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

GL blue Probably because they have something to hide or they may not want to be found by an X                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

There used to be the chance to write details of the report, Matt took that out on the last big site upgrade.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You can be reported for not replying to someone's message? 😱                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thats when the block option comes into play, they cant message you at all then.πŸ€ͺ                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't want to report or block anyone - yet 🀭 but well if someone gets in a tizz with me because I haven't replied to them because I'm busy or what not I don't want my account being switched off 🀣 sorry if I've misunderstood the "if the person reporting them is doing it out of spite because they failed to respond to an advance." bit 🀣
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I doubt your account will get switched off for that. Thats only for scammers and real troublemakers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

In a world of technology everyone seems to expect a response almost immediately.

Don't worry about a delay in responding BMRC, respond in your own time.

Everyone has a life and everyone should be polite enough to respect others. Those that aren't happy, if the response doesn't arrive straightaway aren't worth bothering with.

I haven't responded to PMs as I didn't like the direction the conversation was heading and I can't see me ever doing so.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Phew thanks guys πŸ€—πŸ˜†                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 426 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption