Tax Refund Claim Form

12 Posts | Latest reply on 26/05/2020 16:14:52 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Scam?
I reckon so.
Has anyone else received an email, from the 'government', instructing you how to claim back tax?

I'm wondering how they got my email address.

rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Very easy to harvest email address, and your right it is a scam, lots doing the rounds at the moment.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hello rocker, thanks, I did think it was iffy cos of the incorrect spelling, and it was addressed to dear email address not to me by name.                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I had one last week Sandi and another a few months ago.

Googled it before:-

Gareth Lloyd, head of digital security at HMRC, said: "HMRC never contacts customers who are due a tax refund via email - we always send a letter through the post. "If you receive an email claiming to be from HMRC which offers a tax rebate, please send it to phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk and then delete it permanently.
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

It's definitely a scam. But if you have been told (not chosen) to work from home, it is possible to make a claim for any additional expenses- generally about £6 a week is the going rate (not a fortune, but some coffee...). Check out the HMRC site.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Had it too. It's certainly doing the rounds.

Anything I get offering me something or that I don't remember having dealings with are deleted straight away.

I'll go to the vender first or research if it's a scam by googling it. If I have any slight doubt.

We've all got to be careful here. After all they don't have to break into your house anymore. It's much easier these days, for the thieves to rob you virtually online 😠
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks for the info I C, I've already deleted it.

Gallowglass, the refund was for £500. That would buy an awful lot of tea, I don't drink coffee lol

Mick, I agree we do have to be careful. I still can't believe I was scammed TWICE! after using the internet for 20 years. I bought on line two separate items at different times and never saw either of them.
One scammer actually replied, apologising for the delay. Cocky devil lol
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

Sandi- good result then; I am just trying to imagine £500 worth of tea....No, no good. I'll just translate it into whisky- that I can imagine!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Lol Gallowglass would have been good result if it was genuine.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

If you sign up for e-cops info about the latest scams is usually passed around along with things like spates of local garage/shed thefts, so that you remember to accidentally leave a blunt instrument/shotgun /large dog (delete as appropriate) by the back door.
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

Hi Sandi- if this goes on long enough it will be £1000 worth of tea. Or whisky. Or do we all just do a Cummings and ignore the whole Civid thing?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks VStrom, I'll have a skeg at that.

Gallowglass, we'll (the UK) be lucky if we can afford to keep our shops open at all, never mind afford the goods to put in them

No!! Not ignore, there's too many folk already done that, and still are. That's why thousands have died and more still are and will.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 289 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption