Essential workers

5 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 24/03/2020 10:14:18 by GL Blue | Go to original / last post
Lemster's Profile
Lemster

In: Newcastle upon T
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I got a generic text today from work. It said I was designated an essential worker and should still send my kids to school.
The youngest is 26,so I ain't too sure how they'll feel about that πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

It might be a break for them to get out of the house                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

My daughter is a 'key worker', and was told that she needs to continue working.

She works for a private mental health provider, everyone has a laptop (administrators included) all with the capability to operate from home... however the powers that be will not turn on the VPN function to allow them to work safely at home. Only two VPN activated laptops out of the whole staff. 🀬
Methinks someone needs a very hard kick up the a#£e!🀬😠🀐

On the other hand I was informed at work on Thursday that the entire organisation was closing every office in England on Friday night for the foreseeable future (timelines on diary entries currently look like end of June). All our laptops have been used for home working for at least 18months. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I really feel for those who have to continue travelling to work on a daily basis, often on public transport. Stay healthy folks 🀞🏻

Hats off to those working within NHS, hospitals, emergency services. Total stars ✨🌟⭐

Not forgetting all those who ensure food n toiletries are arriving (throughout the day & night) ready for the shops opening πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Such a shame they are being stockpiled by greedy, inconsiderate idiots who should be ashamed of themselves. I reckon we should bring back 'The Stocks' on the village greens... although the queues would be nearly as big as the ones to get into the supermarkets.

It makes me sad and angry to see how society has changed so quickly. πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜•πŸ˜‘
#BeKind
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

I'm continuing to take my oldies shopping until they tell me stop...wiping down the minibus interior every time we drive is a minor inconvenience..many of my passengers are frail and poor walkers,but no relatives to help them out,blessem...
Worst comes to the worst,i'll just ring round and get shopping lists from them,and drop their stuff off...if fewer people were being selfish and hoarding,this would be a doddle...show some compassion,people...you'll be old(er) one day...stay safe..:)>
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

My son went to asda last week and a none english person filled three large barrows with loo rolls and none of the staff did a thing.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2031 seconds. There are 312 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption