Loud Horn

28 Posts | Latest reply on 12/05/2020 23:03:20 by BAZ224 | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I must admit I'm intrigued ...what's a "mousefart" sound like? Moreover, what on earth does a "bolt on horn" look like, nevermind sound like ... 🤔🙄😲                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

A mousefart horn is barely loud enough to be heard over an engine at tickover..a là most standard bike horns...car makers usually do better at this,so you can sit in a traffic jam and bleat at bikes filtering past,lol...                                                                                                                                                                             
Jimmymck's Profile
Jimmymck

In: Stockport
37% Karma37% Karma 37% Karma37% Karma

I put the full sound bomb on the GS after a guy nearly took me out on the M6. I have to say its the best things I've done and will be upgrading future bikes with the same.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

My BMW RT has twin wind-tone horns, similar to most cars now; those & the fleuro go-faster stipes tend to get me noticed & make people behave! Even if it`s only for a moment before the second glance, it`s enough to keep me alive so far.                                                                                                                                                                             
NickyG's Profile
NickyG

In: Walsall
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Nippy Normans. Twin pair, think around 115-119db. Had them on bandits, and Busa, great sound.                                                                                                                                                                             
smiler 2964's Profile
smiler 2964

In: Telford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've not used my horn yet people hear me before they see me. Not me personally I must point out lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have reservations about loud horns, for me a loud horn would startle and possbly cause a motorist to react without thinking or freeze in the middle of the road. I think your better with a constant presence like a louder exhaust or bright side lights (maybe of slightly different hue).
BAZ224's Profile
BAZ224

In: Welwyn Garden Ci
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

OP - at the NEC bike show last Nov, R&G stand had 3 horns wired up to doorbell buttons on the counter. One was a stock jap horn you'll find on every Honda, Yam, Kwak or Suzy and probably loads more. Next to it were Denali sound bomb and sound bomb mini.
Well of course I pushed the buttons. Who wouldn't? 15 minute later I'm stuffing a sound bomb mini into my backpack - my ears still ringing. Chose the mini because a much easier fit - straight swap with no fettling or wiring needed. HUGE improvement!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2695 seconds. There are 595 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption