Fixed: Homepage slow response

44 Posts | Latest reply on 20/11/2019 19:33:59 by TheSlasher | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I had to keep resigning in then it decided my password was wrong. Now all seems to be working again I blame Bexit and the NHS lack of funding                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Over the last 24 hours I've signed in more times than a scouser signs on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

JP don't be so stupid, it's all Dianne Abbotts fault, you should know that.
Glad I am not the only one experiencing problems since Matt did major surgery on the programming.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Strange you're having to sign in often.
I did change a setting with the cookies to make them require a secure connection. This is necessary because the next release of chrome will block all cookies which don't have this flag set.
I'm not having trouble you're having though.
It's not related to the homepage fix either. We're talking about something totally different.
If you're having login issues please tell me what browser you're using. Maybe we spot a pattern.

The homepage fix was simply to make the UK map 20x smaller and less complex. Particularly Scotland. I removed or merged many of the islands together and made them less sharp.

I'll see if I can force everyone's cache to update by renaming the file later
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I use google chrome on laptop, tablet and phone and set to go straight to forums on all of them, so never go to the homepage.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I log in on Android phone and Google Chrome.
No problems now Matt after you scaled the map. I rarely log in on my laptop.
Last week though I went on my local library desktop and through normal internet explorer (ie) browser. No problem there.                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

I use the app on my android phone, every time I want to log back in it goes straight to homepage, I have to wait for homepage to load, then try to scroll down to click on an event to get away from homepage to then open the sign in page and sign in. I can't seem to be able to click on the icons in either cornet to get to the sign in page as the hon e page just freezes.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I'm using Chrome and on Android phone. Today I've signed in approx 12 times. It's so frustrating.

Cache cleared and everything updated but it's still a pain in the #@*&. 😕                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I use Edge on the laptop, and Chrome on the desk top and Android phone. I have a delay on the phone which is annoying and I have to log in everytime on all devices......very annoying.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I've had to login 4 times in the last 20mins.

It's defo getting to be the stuff of nightmares😱😵😬                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok I've made some more changes to the UK Map on the homepage. Please refresh the homepage at least 2 times, then after closing and reopening browser it should be fixed.

Really dunno about the login issue. Can you please check the following....

1) Check cookies are enabled in your browser
2) Login
3) Change your password (you can even set the same password again, but make sure you save the Edit Account page)
4) Logout
5) Login again
6) Monitor and let me know.

Thanks
Matt's Profile
Matt

I think I've fixed the login/cookie issues!

It seems like setting it to "secure" forced it to be deleted at the end of the session. So every time you came back to the site it was deleted.

Now seems to be fixed. You might still need to login/logout/login to fix it though (the reason being that the logout action has code to delete cookies)

Please let me know though....
JP's Profile
JP

Still slow then I got this

Error Querystring: 500;https://www.bikermatch.co.uk:443/myaccount/activity.asp?tab=views
Column=-1
Line=0
Number=0
My IP=94.173.104.39
Server Date/Time=18/11/2019 02:40:26
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Seems to be working now Matt, thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP,
You mean the homepage is still slow? Did you login a couple of times?

That other error means your activity page took too long to load and eventually times out. Probably, not 100% for sure. People with very active accounts sometimes get that but when you refresh then it works fast. Honestly don't know why it's doing it but I'll see if I can figure it out
Matt's Profile
Matt

JP, I've updated some database statistics and scheduled it to update every night at 3am now (was previously set to weekly on Thursdays).

Also changed the website to only show errors after 20 seconds of page generation time. It was set to 5 seconds which is way too low.

Please let me know if you still have problems with the notifications page (make a note also if the page took around 20 seconds to load before giving an error)
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Thanks Matt 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

When it show the message it was at 02.40 Just before I went to work it came on as I was opening the threads it was only a couple of seconds seems to have been ok tonight when I just logged on will see what happens over next few mornings                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok, thanks JP. I think I've fixed it. Also the speed issues on all pages (especially the home page) should now be fixed.
Of course there will always be moments where a virus scanner is running or someone has requested to load a complex page at the same time as you. There's a little queue on the web server which is usually at 0, but you could be 1 or 2 in the queue for the next page load.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
When it show the message it was at 02.40 Just before I went to work it came on as I was opening the threads it was only a couple of seconds seems to have been ok tonight when I just logged on will see what happens over next few mornings

JP's Profile
JP

All seemed fine at 03.10 this morning                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.3789 seconds. There are 462 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption