Keeping warm...

71 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 25/08/2020 17:42:22 by Declan | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Ooer Mrs. How very dare you Kaz πŸ˜‚

As for Lindsay stop making me laugh, I get all soggy 🀭 πŸ˜‚

And Mick, thank you for keeping a look out. πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There are seals here, you are welcome to come and catch a few.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Anybody fancy wet fish πŸ€­πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Well the sealskinz seems.the way to go, although Linzi, the newspaper idea could work and the tights sounds good too πŸ‘....
As for the wet fish @Mick I'm not quite sure where that's going... πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

I have sealskin socks and gloves they work well but they won't keep you warm in winter                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

I must agree with budget chest warmers being old copies of MCN,i used to look forward to Weds. morning commutes on the bike,draught exclusion qualities of newspaper are excellent...ask any cartoon tramp,(not counting myself in this description,despite appearances!!)...:)>
Just browsing through the other folk's suggestions again,in case i missed anything relating to sheep ;)> And as a random thought,why don't polar bears eat penguins?? Because they can't get the wrappers off!!(i'll get me (waterproof) coat...)
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

@ Karey. We better leave that thought there πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Jinx boooo lol πŸ€­πŸ˜‚ No good en πŸ‘

Looks like I better get the sealskinz socks and gloves fast, before the stocks run out 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yarg, seals in With'? Can't say I've ever seen any and I've been going to With' since 1979.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I live here and see them regularly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I know you live there, I remember when you posted that you were moving there. My ex in-laws lived there until 2010 when ma-in-law died.
I have a friend Sue lives there, she works at Tony's Textile shop on a Saturday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A word of caution about wearing tights over your head...……………..You could get arrested for going equipped. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh gb...make sure they are new tights, no recycling your sisters laddered items, not over your head πŸ˜‚ As for bread bags on your feet, l found them too weak..folded shopping bags more durable 🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon t3's Profile
Simon t3

In: Dymchurch,kent

Hello l am really pleased that people are thinking /talking about 'keeping warm' l just read all your posts - excellent.
Aldi stuff is great,l have compared their kit with kit that's way more expensive,no comparison and it lasts too.
My Dad 80 yrs young still rides his Bsa,we fitted Electric start on it for his Birthday this year,sorted Heated grips for it too,now you can't keep him off it, he was talking about giving up riding and selling the Bike !
So,it doesn't cost a lot,how about news paper stuffed down your front,sliding about in the lce dodging any Peugeots...
Is it just me or do we all feel the Cold more now
Ride warm/safe.

Simon t3's Profile
Simon t3

In: Dymchurch,kent

I don't like cars or tights...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As a cbt and das instructor the advice is to wear the appropriate equipment for the prevailing riding conditions.Being cold on a bike isnt fun neither is over burdening yourself with clothing to try and stave of the cold and wet. Simple fact is if your struggling with the weather then take the safe option and leave the bike at home, theres always another day.
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Your right there Laverda, leave the bike in the garage till March                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

(Tuts ....)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

Yes you sit in your little heated car and leave the roads to all year riders lol                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

March is my birthday month too..lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Well I hope I don't have to get out of my central heated tin can to pick you up of the road!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7148 seconds. There are 564 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption