What's my name?

35 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 21/10/2019 09:54:57 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya 😊 I have a Honda shadow but everyone seems to have names for their bikes, as in ace, aero, spirit etc I wondered what mine was but I don't have one πŸ™„ all it says on my docs are honda vt750 c2 bc, it has shadow on the tank.....is mine just a shadow?

Can anyone help me find my bikes name please, TIA
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

You could call it Hank...?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't want a random name, I want the name of the bike, every honda vt is a shadow something, whether its spirit, phantom, ace, etc I know ace stands for American classic edition and has a badge on the side that says it and that isn't mine.
I'd like to know what mine is so I can order parts as they're all slightly different

Sorry for the confusion 😊
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

If you get the frame number then phone a main dealer they maybe able to help                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Yep; frame number's best used for parts anyway TBH.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

If it's an old one,maybe it's a Shadow of it's former self..?
My CB500 is called Verity,the winter mule(not for sale)..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I just stuck Honda VT750 c2 bc into Google and this is what it says,
VT750C2B
The 2010 VT750C2B Shadow Phantom debuted in Fall 2009 powered by a blackened fuel-injected version (engine code RC53E) of the existing Shadow 750 shaft-drive engine. The Phantom's frame and abridged bodywork, based on the Aero 750, were both painted black. This model was called the Shadow Black Spirit in European markets. Honda Motor Europe described the VT750C2B, called Shadow Black Spirit in some European markets, a variant of the VT750C2 Shadow Spirit with "authentic bobber styling."
Looking at your profile photos if it is the Shadow you're sitting on in the carpark of the Breighton Ferry I would say it's a Aero if it is older than 2010, Aero's are shaft-drive and Spirit is chain-drive.

I think I'll stick with my Triumph Tigers
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's a 2013, shaft drive.
When I looked Google said it was a phantom but in the UK it's a spirit.....but then talking to others they say aero! As I said it gets very confusing

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I just stuck Honda VT750 c2 bc into Google and this is what it says,
VT750C2B
The 2010 VT750C2B Shadow Phantom debuted in Fall 2009 powered by a blackened fuel-injected version (engine code RC53E) of the existing Shadow 750 shaft-drive engine. The Phantom's frame and abridged bodywork, based on the Aero 750, were both painted black. This model was called the Shadow Black Spirit in European markets. Honda Motor Europe described the VT750C2B, called Shadow Black Spirit in some European markets, a variant of the VT750C2 Shadow Spirit with "authentic bobber styling."
Looking at your profile photos if it is the Shadow you're sitting on in the carpark of the Breighton Ferry I would say it's a Aero if it is older than 2010, Aero's are shaft-drive and Spirit is chain-drive.

I think I'll stick with my Triumph Tigers

Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Looking at it, pre 2010 it was a Aero and after it beome a Black Spirit                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If it says shadow on the tank then that's what it is, honda do put the names of models on the bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Shadow is its family name apparently.
You get 125's up tp 1100's, all shadows but they also have another name to go with it, like phantom, spirit, ace, aero etc...... I was trying to find out what mine is πŸ˜• but its proving not to be a simple job πŸ˜‚

Quote:
If it says shadow on the tank then that's what it is, honda do put the names of models on the bike.

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

There is a website explaining the names, have a look on your logbook, you need the letters and numbers after the model, i.e. VT.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

On the logbook is just vt750 c2bc

Do you have the website?
It gets confusing because the Canadian and European are the same bike but different names.
I think mine's the spirit but then someone will say something different......this is why I'm asking 😊

Quote:
There is a website explaining the names, have a look on your logbook, you need the letters and numbers after the model, i.e. VT.....

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Seems to be the c2bc is the phantom                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How did you get that? I got spirit πŸ€”πŸ™ƒ

Quote:
Seems to be the c2bc is the phantom

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I'm sorry but in the big scheme of things does it really matter....?

IMHO
Spirit & Phantom = Ghost or Ghoul πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Because I'd like to know 😁
And if I'm ordering parts the ghouls matter πŸ‘

Quote:

IMHO

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Type it into Google, vt750c2bc                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Plus, isn't that what a forums about? 😊

Quote:
Because I'd like to know 😁
And if I'm ordering parts the ghouls matter πŸ‘

Quote:

IMHO

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Its a Honda VT750 Shadow, simple. If you have to order any parts that's all the info you will need along with the reg and year. The other names you mentioned, aero, spirit , phantom etc are irrelevant.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6641 seconds. There are 301 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption