Childhood food thats wrong? As an adult or is it?

25 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 12/01/2020 09:41:27 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

In: Nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok so i was eating a crisp sandwich today and a friend told me as and adult you don't eat that! So it got me thinking what else do we not eat from our childhood ?... .......
think back what haven't you had for years??

Fishfinger sandwich with mayo ?

What about you
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

As a child I liked cheese and marmalade sandwiches, not a combination that appeals these days.
My current favourite is tomato (proper vine grown ones, not cheap watery shite) and marmite, the bread needs to be granary and each slice lot less than 10mm thick at the narrowest point.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Red sauce and vinegar sandwich 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Goodboy dog chocolate drops. Loved them and nicked them by the fistful.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I can't fault ya for crisp butties...although they have to be Cheesy Bunion!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ‘

Fish fingers butty on thick white bread with ketchup. (I still eat em now when I'm down in the dumps, apart from the ketchup is now tartare sauce!) πŸ‘

My absolute favourite (aged 5) was salad cream sarnies!πŸ’– Might have to try one, when I finally return to Yorkshire..
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Hello Matt04
I still have crisp sandwiches.
Before all the weird and wonderful flavours were available I used to pour Worcester sauce into my crisp packet to give plain crisps a kick.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bag of crisps with a pickled egg. I was an odd child...                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Farleys Rusks....Frosties,but with evaporated milk....still doing toast soldiers with boiled eggs,lol..and crisp sandwiches?? What's wrong about that???                                                                                                                                                                             
Biker lovin Blonde's Profile
Biker lovin Blonde

In: Gainsborough
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Love crisp sarnies, and banana ones too... but as a kid on way home from school, calling at my grandparents house, open fire toast and dripping.... Yumsville...                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oooh, now ya talkin' .. with salt on 😍                                                                                                                                                                             
Biker lovin Blonde's Profile
Biker lovin Blonde

In: Gainsborough
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Hey Linz, they were amazing weren't they....could eat one right now... 🍞                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh yes Jinx, still dip toast soldiers in my eggs 😏                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As a child of the seventies , it has to be pork luncheon meat with salad cream on soggy white bread , matured for a day in a warm Tupperware box .... Spam , Spam , Spam Spam .....                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Lolling @gratuitous Monty Python reference.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Had to be done !                                                                                                                                                                             
Cornholio's Profile
Cornholio

In: Tell you later

What else don't we eat from our childhood?

Decent quality food, from before the supermarkets destroyed farming. Along with the environment, the high street, and god knows what else. I'm no tree hugger by any measure, I just hate the supermarkets ;-)

In the 70's I used to love Peanut Butter and Lemon Curd sandwiches, I also loved the Texan bar. Why did they stop selling them?
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

In: Nottingham

Peanut butter and jam now that a fond memory
..... not sure about with lemon curd?                                                                                                                                                                             
Cornholio's Profile
Cornholio

In: Tell you later

With Lemon Curd it's sweetness overload, it's bloody lush. Not done that in years, it would probably kill me now all that sugar :-/

Peanut Butter is lovely with Strawberry Jam too, the one with the lumps in it.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

"lumps in" ??!?!? ... 😱😡😯

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

He either means strawberries or squirrel poo..you pays yer money,etc...:)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0000 seconds. There are 376 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption