New: No photo = no access!

36 Posts | Latest reply on 08/09/2019 18:31:04 by Ragnar | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

From the feedback I've been getting recently it's clear that people don't want their profile being checked by others who don't have any photo uploaded.

So from now on if you don't upload a photo you will no longer be able to VIEW others or SEND MESSAGES. An error will appear asking you to upload at least one clear photo of yourself.

I think this is fair and I appreciate the feedback that led me to this decision.

Any questions or comments - let me know below.

Thanks
Matt
Matt's Profile
Matt

Exception is for staff... if you need to contact staff you can do so without a photo                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I think this is a good one Matt, only last week a member was saying that she felt like she was being stalked by members without a profile photo checking her profile.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think that's a good idea too. As long as they add one that's actually themself.
I look more like Chris Hemsworth in real life, but had to tone my profile photos down a bit to avoid all the attention:)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for that Matt, if someone is looking at you and messaging you should be able to see who it is 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

By the way - there's nothing to stop people from deleting all their photos AFTER they've browsed profiles and sent messages.

But if I see people abusing it I'll delete them

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If the invisible man joins there could be problems.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

👍 good, Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I know it's been said before but (tell you later) is a pain in the arse.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Anyone with too few details on their profile (i.e too much "tell you later") is removed from the search pages, homepage etc.
Doesn't stop them using the site though and nor should it. Not everyone wants to fill out their hair colour, eye colour, how many kids they have, what kind of residency they have etc.

As long as you fill out the basics (age, gender, location, add a photo, write a few words about yourself) then I have no problem with it.

But you wont qualify for the search pages unless you fill out like at least half your profile

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I know it's been said before but (tell you later) is a pain in the arse.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, how about just leaving it blank, instead of 'tell you later'?

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

I happily applaud both subjects being tackled,as at my age,i don't have too many 'laters' left...and sadly ,have had a few 'maids of mystery' check out my profile in the past,without me ever knowing what they looked like...a lose/lose situation mayhap...:/>
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

I see where your coming from Jinx i'm in the same boat.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Happily,i do have to report that there aren't TOO many 'ageists' on here,(you know who you are,lol) and the level of ' next town is too far' seems limited lately,thankfully..:)>
And if MY photos don't put them off...                                                                                                                                                                             
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

Trouble is people tend to think when you get to a certain age your mot's run out.not true.

GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

Still a lot of (see you laters).                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

GL Blue, They don't realize that they changed the rules on MOTs when you reach a certain age now you become exempt from it so we can now keep going for ever lol. Don't forget that there are some female members that don't want to be seen for very good reasons and also don't put much info down for that same reason.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I got sent to the scrapyard.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Yarg its called recycling now you come back better stronger and faster ( Yarg the 1s 6d Man ) for the younger members that's 15p                                                                                                                                                                             
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

Forgot about that JP must be tax exempt aswell(Be the day).                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7227 seconds. There are 333 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption