New feature: Open lift offers

35 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 22/04/2022 16:00:45 by alpinab14 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This wud be brilliant for me I havent passed my test yet due to not being allowed as I was in what I thought was a 10 yr stable relationship that I'm gladly out off but love and miss the lifestyle miss being on the bikes more than I missed the ex. Glad he gone
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Wozwench, as stated on previous page, go to the Calendar look at the events, stick your name/face on the ones you will be attending by clicking on the third tab 'Attendance list' and use 'add me to this event' and then 'Request' a lift or 'Accept' an offer if there is one.

If you then put a note up on the Forum Thread for that event, I'm sure you will find the process easy. πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Obviously it's a good idea if you've 'chatted' to the person or if the person is known to a long standing BMer ... Safety first n all that!

Good luck πŸ‘
Sherlock1's Profile
Sherlock1

In: Barnsley

Sounds like a good idea!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Sherlock, it was a great idea at the time, but it appears those that wanted it (at the time) no longer wish to use it, now it's available. In the words of 'tallica.. sad but true!

Unless of course, next year's events, rallies and meets proves the above incorrect πŸ˜‰πŸ˜. We were more than half way through this year when it became available and maybe plans had already been made.
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Hi Sherlock and welcome to the site.
Yes it is a good idea, it took a long time to get it put in place ! In the mean time a lot of members came and went :-(
I was one of those that kept asking ! Not necessarily for myself but for the newbies who came to BM and found the facility was half baked !!!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Aww c'mon @555, it's time to move on from the time it took to get the ability to 'offer a lift'. I know the length of time it took seemed like forever, and the impetus to use it waned over that time, but it's here now and has been since July, let's at least try to use it.

Surely the option to 'offer a lift' is an opportunity to get out there for a rideout, rally, meet and enjoy the company, banter of like-minded folk.
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

Good idea if those asking for a lift are serious. I offered to pick someone up so they could attend a rally, going right out of my way to do so, only to find out a few days before hand they were ''only joking''. Won't be offering again so lightly in future.
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

To be fair though 555 I've always felt that anyone who'd go on the back of a bike, must be a sandwich short of a picnic so........... πŸ˜‰

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I was one of those that kept asking ! Not necessarily for myself but for the newbies who came to BM and found the facility was half baked !!!

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Gee thanks iC ... In God We Trust πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Being a committed atheist, I don't have that luxury Lindsay! 😎                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Just a gentle reminder folks ...

If you are planning on attending any of the events on the Calendar this year. Make sure you added yourself to the event.

If you would like a pilly or are able to offer a seat please also indicate on the event too.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi all Sue here looking to make new friends hope to find that someone special eventually. Looking for a pillion seat. Lincoln area. I'm restoring my bike hope to do test soon                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm in Lincoln wud love to get back in to bike scene sadly can't ride myself as health won't let me                                                                                                                                                                             
SuzukiShelley's Profile
SuzukiShelley

In: Doncaster

Anyone in West Yorkshire able to help me get to some events? I'm doing my full license this year so will be riding myself soon and riding my big bike finally. I'm an experienced pillion and just want to still be a part of the scene in the meantime πŸ™‚                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
50% Karma50% Karma 50% Karma50% Karma

now just need more active members in scotland and were sorted                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5139 seconds. There are 485 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption