New feature: Open lift offers

35 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 22/04/2022 16:00:45 by alpinab14 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As requested by many of you, and top of the "wish list".

You can now make an "open offer" of a lift on events to let folks nearby you know that you're available.

If you find any bugs with it - please message me privately with the steps you took and what error you saw.

Feedback here below please

Thanks!
Matt
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

just checked a couple of events and its showing on the screen. Just need a victim Err volunteer to test it                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

It should be an asset and stop the ambiguity on events when newbies were adding their name on the lifts page, not realising it was only catering for those looking for a lift !!! and now give members the opportunity to β€˜offer’ πŸ‘
I voted for it, not just for me but for all riders and pillions !!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Thank you Matt, greatly appreciated.

Now it's there let's hope we use it! 😱                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Now PLEASE folks organise some more rides, BBQs etc. That'll help so much                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Would someone please bribe a rider to offer me a lift, to anywhere, except the old folks home ta? πŸ˜‹

----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Matt
Now PLEASE folks organise some more rides, BBQs etc. That'll help so much

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks Matt xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Well so far only TWO people have used this. 40 people had asked me to make the function so this is quite disappointing :-/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well sandy straight past the old folks home we go to the nearest event or coffee shop. πŸ˜‹                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

That sounds like an offer Sandi πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It sure does Lindsay πŸ‘πŸ˜œπŸ˜

Hello Steve
I accept, thank you very much πŸ‘πŸ˜œ

Angel of Destiny's Profile
Angel of Destiny

In: Hull
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I'm a pillion if anyone needs company. Stoke based.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

AoD, if you're in Stoke, why does profile say Doncaster? That quite a difference in mileage😲

Just to clarify the Offer Lift option can be found on the events (in the events Calendar) so if there's something you fancy going to you can either Request Lift or some kind riders out there can now Offer a Lift and the pilly can accept them. πŸ˜πŸ‘
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I didn't realise the offers were generic, shouldn't they be specific? In my humble opinion who wants to offer a pillion to someone living hundreds of miles away?
Just MHO.
What do others think?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I don't think I'd said generic?? Have I confused things??

The offers are on the events in the Calendar so are specific. Obviously you wouldn't accept a pilly if the rider is miles n miles away unless they were literally passing where you live! Surely, everyone would agree that it doesn't make sense for someone to go out of their way (unless agreed between both parties).

In the past I've paid fuel costs or for food/drink/cake, whichever was the preferred option πŸ˜πŸ‘
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Sorry Lindsay, I wasn't responding to your post when I made my previous comments. I was referring to what Matt put on the calendar.

I didn't mean random offers, as opposed to offers on the calendar, I meant that when a person offers a lift it's not for a specific person, it's just an offer to that event.

Which means the offers may not be forthcoming, when they know it's usually me that needs a lift πŸ₯΄ lol

I always offer to contribute to fuel or buy their lunch, since my financial circumstances changed, 5 years ago. Before, all I could offer was a cuppa.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Tried it just now, it was a little slow but it worked.

**Message sent Matt** πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerbird5's Profile
bikerbird5

In: Wolverhampton
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Id need a lift to attend events if anyone can help me out im nr the m54 cheers πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What are you looking at going to Bikerbird5 ? Happy to help if I can?

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Id need a lift to attend events if anyone can help me out im nr the m54 cheers πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Bikerbird5, go to the Calendar look at the events, stick your name/face on the ones you will be attending by clicking on the third tab 'Attendance list' and use 'add me to this event' and then 'Request' a lift or 'Accept' an offer if there is one.

If you then put a note up on the Forum Thread for that event, I'm sure you will find the process easy. πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Obviously it's a good idea if you've 'chatted' to the person or if the person is known to a long standing BMer ... Safety first n all that!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5620 seconds. There are 400 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption