Biker Match APP Now Available!

8 Posts | Latest reply on 25/07/2019 21:26:22 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Evening all.
I get asked almost daily if I plan on making an app for BM.

Well, after lots of eye-squinting writing the code I can now confirm that Biker Match is available to use as a Progressive Web App.

This is new technology which does away with the need for separate apps on Apple IOS, Google Android, Windows etc.

Now the BM website can simply install and run as an app on your phone. Including instant message notifications when someone messages you, replies to forum messages etc.

I've added it at the top of BOTH left and right side menus so you can't miss it.

There's a little toggle button to enable/disable it. If you click the link it will also take you to a separate page which shows you the status of each feature and tells you a little more about how it works.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/app/

Please note that this is really complicated technology. It's very new to me and I had to hack a lot of it together. I'm expecting some teething issues which is why for the moment it only works for new private messages you receive.

PLEASE give me feedback! How does it work for you? Does it even work? You should be using an updated browser to expect this feature to work.

Thanks!

Matt
NathanxHeath's Profile
NathanxHeath

In: Maidstone
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

The app works so well good job mate and love the name lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Error Message Received. Email sent via Contact Page.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Appears to work, even on my steam-powered relic...!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Won't work on my iphone - message says " Your browser does not support this"                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'll have to try get my hands on an iPhone to figure out why. What version? Please go to www.whatsmybrowser.org and send me a link from the top of the page.

Thanks Lindsay I'll look.

Jinx - I didn't know dinosaurs could operate steam-powered relics :-D
Matt's Profile
Matt

Little fix: When you read a message from someone, the site will now send a "close" message to all notifications previously sent for that PM.
So, John Smith sends you a message and you get a notification on all your devices.
You then open it on your phone.
The notification on your desktop and elsewhere are automatically cancelled.

This should prevent the spammy feeling you get when you next open one of your devices and get loads of notifications for messages you've already read.

It's all a learning process for me this. Sorry that you guys have to be my Guinea pigs :-D (sorry not sorry)
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Last paragraph 😂
Matt! You naughty boy, I shall have to slap your leggy weggys 😮 sorry
Not sorry hahaha
Ms Guinea Pig 🐖                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 614 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption