How Life Changes...

19 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 29/05/2019 18:50:27 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

....as you get older.
When we were young, we never went for a night out without making sure we had a condom in our wallet.
Now I never go for a night out without making sure I have a plastic toothpick in mine...😊

And the toothpick stands more chance of being used than the condoms did back then πŸ˜‚

Getting older, it’s a real love/hate thing:)
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast

Only thing I don't like about getting older is I can't lie in anymore! Really pisses me off when I have had a late night and think ahhhh will lie and sleep for hours in morning and then... 'ping'... wide awake as usual from 5.30am. Every. Frickin'. Day.
It is surely a love/hate thing as on the other hand I do love being awake early, best time to study/read/meditate :) Nice post Pan x
smiler 2964's Profile
smiler 2964

In: Telford

As I've got older I've heard myself say things to my kids that my parents said to me. Seen them do things that I laughed at but now I'm doing them.
And a good book handy for those silly o'clock mornings.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Only thing I don't like about getting older is I can't lie in anymore!

I'm the same! Would love to have a lie-in again, but just never happened since the arrival of children                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well that's what you get for carrying a condom and a toothpick in the same wallet!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast

Hahahaha Yarg :)                                                                                                                                                                             
smiler 2964's Profile
smiler 2964

In: Telford

Wasn't condoms washable and reusable back then Pan lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Too much information..😨

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

HahahaπŸ˜‚

Quote: Yarg
Well that's what you get for carrying a condom and a toothpick in the same wallet!

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

For me it was having to make sure I'd got my fags in my bag. I've been a non smoker for 12 years and now it's making sure I've got chewing gum in my bag. I swapped one addiction for another πŸ₯΄πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Who used to use the 'service wash' at the launderette? Drop off a bin-bag of clothes, pick them up 2 days later with half the stuff shrunk and all the colours run into each other?
The days when we could afford to move out but couldn't afford a washing machine. And life was too busy to watch things tumbling in a drum. Now I'm a domestic god, and seperate things appropriately:)
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Never used the service wash, as my mum didn't have the cash to do so. From 1973-1978, after an early morning visit to Leeds Kirkgate Market, for meat, (occasionally fish) veg and fruit shopping, I was in the launderette with my mum every Saturday (for what seemed like an eternity) listening to that row of enormous (top loaders) machines droning away.

Then the absolute joy of seeing the green light and being able to grab a basket and decant the wet clothes and drag the basket to the driers, load em up put the coin in and wait for ages watching the clothes go round and round until the next green light.

Fold em up, put them neatly in the laundry bags. Mum gave me money for the Saturday treat of fish and chips, off I went four shops down the road, queued patiently usually starting on the street and eventually getting to the front of the queue for my prize. I'd run all of the way home, with my newspaper bundle, I didn't want them cold!

Saturday's I loathed em but loved em too!

My Gran (was thought by neighbours to be very posh) did her washing on a Monday in her Twin Tub. My did that thing take an age to fill and drain! Wash Day truly was a day. Dragging it out of its place in the tiny kitchen, filling, heating, washing, spinning, draining it (several times for each wash) drying it out before pushing it back into its place. Pegging the washing out on the driveway on lines that ran back n forth all the way down the driveway between Gran's and Mrs Rubery's next door.

Memories. So glad we've got it so much easier these days. πŸ˜πŸ‘
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

...... you was a bit posh having fish AND chips Lindsay, I remember when I was out playing with friends and we didnt have enough for a bag of chips, the chippie owner sold us bags of scraps πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ .........queuing up outside the telephone box when it was raining, everyone would be complaining about how long they'd been in there chatting 😊
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hey Lindsay when I first got married we had a twin tub, I hated washing with that thing. So time consuming. When two became three I bought terry nappies but when our little package arrived I was already knee deep in washing without the nappies too so ended up getting disposables. I don't know how my gran managed, she had 13 kids. No condoms in those days.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

No TV either, by the sound of it..maybe she should have tried card games or knitting...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I had a twin tub as well when I first got married Sandi, took forever 🀣🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Reason for most household appliances being white in colour? It matchs the wedding dress....!! (Heading for cover,lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hahaha 🀣🀣🀣

Quote: Jinx
No TV either, by the sound of it..maybe she should have tried card games or knitting...

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It sure did, Tilpix, thankfully we moved on to automatic washing machines. Oh deep joy 😁 lol

Quote: Tilpix
I had a twin tub as well when I first got married Sandi, took forever 🀣🀣

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 379 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption