The Farmyard Party - 21st - 23rd June 2019

72 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 23/06/2019 22:31:55 by SusiPop | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

*chuckles* yeah OK, I believe ya πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

*Bump
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
MAG 33rd FYP
Duncombe Park, Helmsley,
North Yorkshire, YO62 5EB

Really looking forward to this one; meeting up with old mates, dancing (badly), singing (loudly) and generally having a great time!

Hope to see you there 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
NorthernMan1968's Profile
NorthernMan1968

In: Newcastle upon T
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Meals Rejected by Everyone. I've only ever had one and to be fair, it was quite nice, although it contained something that looked like shortbread but tasted like chipboard.
My craving for a quarter plastic-and-cheese only ever happens after about ten pints and a good swig from a random hip-flask that tastes of two-stroke and backwash...

Quote:
Prefer MRE to those quarter plastic and cheese any day

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wow, MRE that had taste! The field rations we had only ever tasted like cat food. Didn't matter what was on the wrapper. Just cat food. I realised it was cat food when we came on an abandoned farm house and we found a couple of tins of cat food, heated them and ate them.
NorthernMan1968

The MRE itself wasn't bad, chicken-something-or-other. There just wasn't much of it and the chemical heater was an overcomplicated waste of time! Don't they trust american forces with matches?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Really looking forward to FYP, I can't wait to parrrrrrty! 🍻

I've already got my bottles of Jack ready! πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

We had MRE's in bosnia                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The MRE that is available in camping and survival stores seem to be very different from the Military MRE. They don't taste like cat food for a start.
Apparently it's illegal to buy US Military MRE on the civilian market, probably 'cos they're even more disgusting?
NorthernMan1968

We may be slipping off topic here...but my MRE was military and I do prefer Ration Packs, if only to see how many different ways nuts can be packaged.
Lindsay - BOTTLES of JD? As in 'more-than-one'??? I usually take a bottle of bourbon or vodka with me and end up taking most of it home again. Then again, I also cram every available space in my panniers with cans of beer. This year, I are mostly drinking German pilsner.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Let's change the topic to "Drinking Lindsay's hooch"

NorthernMan1968

She'd murder us. Hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of hooch.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah, you're right. Wouldn't get far after drinking her bottles, many many bottles of JD                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Two nights, two bottles! πŸ˜‰

I do share ... OccasionallyπŸ˜πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Ok guys, after giving this some thought ... (& worrying that I'm going daft'er' in my old age) I can confirm that I will share my hooch!

Meet you near the gate, I'll be the one wearing bike gear and clutching a couple of bottles of JD! See you there πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ‘
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Well, that's a first! I messaged a BMer today to clarify whether the offer of a lift to FYP was still ok, he offered I didn't approach him btw.

No response at all just removed his profile, thank you. Ever thought that the polite thing to do would be to respond saying a simple 'No'?!
How very rude of you. True colours shown methinks!

A grown man with no manners n definitely no balls... Every woman's dream NOT!
Sharon ncc's Profile
Sharon ncc

In: Derby

Hi, anyone near the Mansfield area?I can get there but not home. Really need help x                                                                                                                                                                             
NorthernMan1968

I've already got a pillion, so I can't offer anyone a lift I'm afraid. Lindsay, you can take a car if you offer some of your time to do marshalling duties. You'll get food vouchers for the time you work too. There are some other perks too, but I'm not sure of them all. Never marshalled at the FYP.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks for the info NorthernMan. I have been many times before and know about marshalling but tbh I go to let my hair down not to work. πŸ˜‰πŸ»

A lovely (reliable) gentleman has very kindly said that he will ensure I get there, (thank you so much!) so all sorted πŸ‘πŸ˜

Although I would have taken my car, as a last resort, and parked in the village (there are a few out of the way places I know after all these years πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚). I'm sure that I would have got a ride in from the Estate gates.

See you there! πŸ‘πŸ»
Strawdog's Profile
Strawdog

In: Hull, Originally
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Lindsey id of given you a lift into it, but as you know I'm not getting there till the Saturday. I can't msg you, all is good btw thank you.

Quote:
Thanks for the info NorthernMan. I have been many times before and know about marshalling but tbh I go to let my hair down not to work. πŸ˜‰πŸ»

A lovely (reliable) gentleman has very kindly said that he will ensure I get there, (thank you so much!) so all sorted πŸ‘πŸ˜

Although I would have taken my car, as a last resort, and parked in the village (there are a few out of the way places I know after all these years πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚). I'm sure that I would have got a ride in from the Estate gates.

See you there! πŸ‘πŸ»

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

No probs Strawdog. Will see ya Saturday πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Good to know all is well over there. Stay safe 😁                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7422 seconds. There are 657 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption