Gig Club - Yorkshire

144 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 25/04/2023 18:26:35 by TheSlasher | Go to original / last post
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

First one I have just signed up for... Next year!! So long to wait but hey...

The Chameleons at the Peak Cavern 23.4.21                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Lynn, is the Gig above still listed?                                                                                                                                                                             
Witcher Man's Profile
Witcher Man

In: Sheffield
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Hi linz, from the website looks like its still on, just see how the coming year develops. Have noticed that 'Livewire' are there Friday 16th July that could be a good one.
tickets for Chameleons are Β£25 + fees Livewire Β£20 + fees.                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Still haven't received my ticket but nothing to say its postponed so 🀞 🀞                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I was just wondering as most of Picturedrome stuff has been cancelled.                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

😒 😒 πŸ˜”                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I used to go to, or work sound at [mainly punk] gigs 2 or 3 times a week - Covid and parenthood has kicked all that in the teeth a bit - live music is essential to me and many others - lets hope things get better in 2021. I drink in the Brudenell social as its my local [and one of the best Indie venues in the country] and also should mention the Temple of boom on Millright street [opposite Pratts furniture store], this is a great venue and art space run by some mates of mine and I hope they can reopen when this is all over
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Brudenell is a great venue, I just hate the parking!

Usually travel to Picturedrome at Holmfirth as parking is plentiful.

Temple of Boom sounds like a visitation may be in order, as soon as we are able πŸ‘πŸ». Hope there is decent real ale available. None of that 'craft' rubbish πŸ€”

The Parish in Huddersfield is a good night out too. So many places not enough opportunities to get out atm 🀬😑😳
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was lucky to see Killing Joke at the Picturedome in 2012 [one of two 'secret' gigs they played up here] - what a great venue and it was loud as f**K!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Peak Cavern haven't posted an update yet, I guess they're still hopeful of things opening up for Easter........
Personally, I can't see the Chameleons gig happening in April so postponed (bare in mind this is already a rearranged date from 2020).
Livewire are well worth seeing and I have a ticket for this. Again, rearranged from 2020!
And don't forget Ferocious Dog on 3rd September- maybe actually happen, but not holding my breath!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I'm really up for Ferocious Dog but don't want the disappointment of buying yet another ticket only for it to be cancelled πŸ˜•

After last year's fiasco, three massive gigs cancelled, tickets bought for me by DD. Disappointed was not the word, I think I'll take my chances nearer the time. Although I know FD usually pack out their venues and tickets seem to fly out.

Seen Livewire several times, a great time was had, but I want to try something else. No point in going to same band gigs when there's so much more out there. Well there is if lockdown isn't on! 🀬πŸ€ͺ
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

I just gad an email to say The Chameleons gig in peak Cavern is postponed till March 2022.... Gutted πŸ˜”                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Bums! ☹️ but it wasn't totally unexpected was it...

I've no intention of booking anything this year, unless things improve drastically, I can't handle another year of disappointments. 😳                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Just been given the heads up on this;

Sunday 18th April 2021
3pm - 7pm
Buster World Ska Tour (Tribute)
The Rising Sun
Whitwood
Common Lane,
Castleford
WF10 5PT

Ticket Price: Β£4 (inc booking fee)
http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Wakefield/Rising-Sun-/Buster-SKA-World-Tour-2021/35796977

Defo up for this one πŸ‘πŸ» cheap enough not to matter if it gets pulled before the day. πŸ˜‰

SOLD OUT!

I'm guessing it's going to be a year of 'ya snooze, ya lose' where gigs are concerned. Due to social distancing, capacity is lower.

Pleased DD sorted out tickets thoughπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Just a reminder.....
Ferocious Dog @ Peak Cavern
3rd September 2021

I have my ticket! 😁😁😁

Glyn; I have a ticket for Livewire so if you fancy it you won't be on your own! πŸ™‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Looking forward to tomorrow's gig *Giddy Kipper*πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Feedback: Not at all what we expected, but a enjoyable, socially distanced afternoon out in the sunshine. Full of fun and laughter. The locals were hilarious!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Looking forward to Crimbo night out!

Bad Manners
The Warehouse
19 - 21 Somers Street
Leeds
LS1 2RG

Date: Wed 22nd Dec 2021
Time: 7pm
Cost: Β£17.60 inc. booking fee

http://www.theleedswarehouse.com/event/bad-manners
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Rescheduled... Again:

The Chameleons
The Devils Arse Cave
Friday 26th March 2022 7.30pm

🀞 🀞 🀞                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Could be something here:

http://www.forumnorthallerton.org.uk/

Link might not be working so search for 'the Forum' Northallerton in your browser.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks got that YM πŸ‘πŸ»
It's 44 miles from me, but admittedly having done this run before, it seems much further!

Although I am tempted by "an evening with John Lyndon" and/or "an evening with Shaun Ryder"                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 302 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption